Air Pacific?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Noni Moss, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Noni Moss

Noni Moss Junior Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Sunshine Coast
    We're thinking of flying from Honolulu to Nadi with Air Pacific and was wondering if anyone who has flown with Air Pacific, has any comments about the airline.

(We'd like a stopover [other than NZ] between Hawaii and Australia and to avoid Jetstar).

Appreciate your comments.

2. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    I haven't used them for about 3 years, but they were ok back then. I flew SYD-NAN-SYD on the 747 and it was the older one so no PTV's or anything. The crew were good and the food was ok so can't complain too much.

I *think* HNL-NAN is operated by a 737, however FJ have a fairly new fleet of 73NG's.

Probably worth taking a look at the cost of Tabua (business) class, it wasn't all that much more expensive on the SYD-NAN leg.

3. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I agree, fly them about twice a year and Business is definitely worth it if you can work it into your budget. They have excellent, allbeit relaxed service and I feel comfortable flying them (unlike some Asian carriers) knowing that QF has a big role in the airline.

4. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Air Pacific operate the ex Ansett B747's and these have PTVs in economy since 2003. On the Honolulu leg they operate either the 800 or 700 series 737 and upgrades can be purchased at check in if seats are available for Biz class.

5. TonyD

TonyD Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Tweed Coast NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I used to do Fiji about 4 times a year and out of BNE, they flew codeshare AP/QF - They were fantastic. Though they always had a quaint system of closing the bar an hour out from OZ due to "custom reg's". Im sure this was a money saver!
    Our last flight was about 4 years ago. LAX to NAN stayed a week in F1J1 then NAN - BNE. A midnight departure, Service was great but as a family of 4 we had an ECON. row each.
    As someone else said - as a QF partner I trust em!!

6. Noni Moss

Noni Moss Junior Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Sunshine Coast
    Thanks for your tips guys! It gives me food for thought - will check out Biz class too.
    Cheers :)

7. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

Do QFF earn status/miles on AP?

8. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map