Air NZ Wine Guide

Discussion in 'Air New Zealand Airpoints' started by Kiwi Flyer, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I noticed that NZ has a printed wine guide booklet in business class - current edition dated January to June 2006. Funny I hadn't come across it before.

Anyway, looks to be very useful for those who appreciate a tipple but unfamiliar with NZ wine scene (and remember wines onboard NZ are all NZ).

Covers intro, run down of the various regions and main varieties, lists the wines NZ has selected (for business class) with tasting notes, some information on the wineries featured.

Quite a classy booklet and a great idea.

2. Dear Kiwi Flyer,

A wine guide is a great idea. I wish QF would do this. It would provide interesting reading as well as contribute to the enjoyment of enjoying wine in transit.

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I'll make sure I read up before my next NZ business class flight, so I know what to ask for ;) I already have a few favourites.

That said, I'm sure they don't carry every single wine on every flight.

Oddly, NZ stopped producing wine lists a couple of years ago (at the same time they changed how they did menus).

4. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
    Bumping up but....

Show-stopping wines on Air New Zealand
    Show-stopping wines on Air New Zealand - 20 Feb 2007 - Topic: Airlines