Air Asia X | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Air Asia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
Haven't seen anything about this before now...

New low-cost carrier eyes Aussie destinations - News - Travel - smh.com.au

smh.com.au said:
New low-cost carrier eyes Aussie destinations
July 24, 2007 - 4:32PM

New long-distance budget airline Air Asia X says it will announce its first Australian destination within days, and its promotional fares to London will be as low as $11.30.

The carrier - an offshoot of Asia's biggest low cost airline Air Asia - hopes to fly to Australia for its inaugural flight from its Kuala Lumpur base in September.

It expects to offer Australians standard fares 30 to 50 per cent cheaper than its competitors, to the Malaysian capital, and then a host of far flung places, including the UK, Middle East, India and China.

stryker

Might be a better way of getting to Asia than Tiger or Jet*, so as to then pick up cheap onward fares to the rest of the world.

I'll be keeping my eye on it...

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
I remember reading at some point they wanted to get their first flight between Aust and KL running the day before Jetstar started KL flights,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayne Maree