AFF Tasmania - Newcastle replacement 23/24 October

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Can I have replies from those who are definitely planning to come (lunch, Launceston on Saturday 23 Octber), or are likely to.

@lastrow @Ade
@Steady I have

Any others ... gold or platinum?

Going to book the Royal Oak soon, say 1pm.

Ade

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Can I have replies from those who are definitely planning to come (lunch, Launceston on Saturday 23 Octber), or are likely to.

@lastrow @Ade
@Steady I have

Any others ... gold or platinum?

Going to book the Royal Oak soon, say 1pm.

@RooFlyer - most likely I won’t be attending. I live in ACT and unsure if things would be quarantine free by 23/10 … for now I’m not in. But if things change, I will be happy to join, provided there are space left :)

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
Well I am definite.I may ask the Flying doctor and Tas Ambulance if they do tours of their bases at LST if anyone interested.
Also if anyone staying over I could look at seeing if one of the local distillery's would do a tour and tasting maybe even some food on Sunday.They have a good set up but had a disaster last year and now you have to book.

Yes you can count me in. I will be travelling by car from HBA . My other travel arrangements are transferred until next year.

Message me for contact details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzard

It's getting worserer and worserer as said in a Rocky movie.
Yesterday it was apply 21 days prior to arrival, today it's 24 hours.
Anyway, I've booked my VA flights and a room for 4 nights so unless there is a last minute glitch, I'm Platinum.

Attachments

• 16335879075062065162931.jpg
    16335879075062065162931.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5

Steady

Solutions
It's getting worserer and worserer as said in a Rocky movie.
Yesterday it was apply 21 days prior to arrival, today it's 24 hours.
Anyway, I've booked my VA flights and a room for 4 nights so unless there is a last minute glitch, I'm Platinum.
That’s great Buzz

penegal

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Given our delightfully draconian political leaders, I regret to report that it is looking extremely unlikely I can attend unless it is a picnic of 1 person within 25 centimeters of my house.

Steady

Solutions
Well I am definite.I may ask the Flying doctor and Tas Ambulance if they do tours of their bases at LST if anyone interested.
Also if anyone staying over I could look at seeing if one of the local distillery's would do a tour and tasting maybe even some food on Sunday.They have a good set up but had a disaster last year and now you have to book.

I have to check a couple of things tomorrow, would it be too late if I want to attend?
Completely understand if it is.
I better stay over.... we can do something and finish with dinner somewhere.

CMA222

Well as @drron reported elsewhere:

"More from Tasmania. We have just had a physicians meeting on what to expect from December. It is official Tasmania is waiting until 90% double vaxxed before opening the borders. They are concerned about hospitals being overwhelmed but then ordered by the Covid Commander that every positive case has to be in hospital even if completely well."

so that makes me a definite Bronze although I was holding out hope for a change by 23/24 October.

I will be watching out for the reports and photos,

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Buzzard

I'm still coming but now staying longer.
VA cancelled my flights via MEL, apparently they have avoid "that" city.
Will now be arriving Thursday morning and departing Tuesday morning on direct flights ADL - LST - ADL
I think +1 is celebrating an extra night with no pests 😂

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I'm still coming but now staying longer.
VA cancelled my flights via MEL, apparently they have avoid "that" city.
Will now be arriving Thursday morning and departing Tuesday morning on direct flights ADL - LST - ADL
I think +1 is celebrating an extra night with no pests 😂
So she is not going then? 🤣