AFF Gathering #9 - location choice | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AFF Gathering #9 - location choice

Where should AFF #9 be in 2015?

• Adelaide

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Cairns

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Longreach

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Perth

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Just 3 weeks ago AFF Gathering #8 came to a close, and I'm sure the many who attended can attest to what a good weekend it was. However, with the event now finished, attention turns to AFF Gathering #9 and which lucky location will play host to it. Last years vote for the same thing caused a little controversy due to the close nation and re-run between CNS and the eventual winner, MEL.

I have combed through my memories of discussions in Melbourne and comments on the thread to make sure there's enough choice, but there weren't many suggestions.

This year, barring a tie, the result of this poll will be final.

boomy

I chose PER because (as I was told) the city didn't host an AFF event yet and it will be nice to fly there on the refurbished QF A330.

GPH

Flights
My Map
Does the new QF A330 fly to longreach ?

Last edited:

Lowjhg

Flights
My Map
Ive nominated cairns. Barring any changes, hotel is now confirmed to be the shangri la. Just to be safe i booked a room for all weekends as we don't know which weekend we are holding this yet.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Longreach? For a weekend?
Some might even say it's a long reach but definitely worth considering.
I definitely want to hold an event there some time, there's enough to keep the group occupied, 3 museums don't forget! Accommodation up to the standard some here expect would be the issue though.

I chose PER because (as I was told) the city didn't host an AFF event yet and it will be nice to fly there on the refurbished QF A330.
I think I'm going to avoid choosing PER myself this year, as I want all the A330's upgraded before I risk ending up on a non-refubed one for the trip! :p

Ive nominated cairns. Barring any changes, hotel is now confirmed to be the shangri la. Just to be safe i booked a room for all weekends as we don't know which weekend we are holding this yet.
I'll probably be going with CNS too, as it was the runner up this year.

As for booking every weekend, from when to when have you booked? I assume you've chosen from late-Winter onwards, as I'm not sure we'd want to be up there when it's entering Summer :p

penegal

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Cairns or Adelaide get my vote.

Perth - We just had the Oz Fest there in 2013, so it would be good to let some more time pass before we rush back for a big do.

Longreach - While this destination would be amazing, it would be difficult to organise (unless you are volunteering)...

Bundy Bear

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I chose Perth only because I live here, I had thought that Cairns would be good, needs to be in October.

Although my attendance record is terrible for these events.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Well I have voted for Cairns. It would be nice to head north next year (and maybe Perth the year after).

Longreach might need to be a separate event which I would really like to visit.

wrlv

Cairns would be great, I haven't been back since we moved back to VIC, 9 years ago.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi

I vote for Cairns. Like Perth but note comment above about letting some time pass before going back.

Fifa

Established Member
Cairns for me too.
Handy for a Hilton mattress run while we're at it ;).

Limewood

Established Member
I'll go for CNS:) thinking lunch at Port Douglas would be good, the 1 hour drive along the coast is not to bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hammerhead417