Advice on getting 281 QFF status credits in a week | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Advice on getting 281 QFF status credits in a week

mikevictor

Hi all.

I've got a BNE-MEL return trip (Flexi and Saver) and BNE-SYD-CBR-BNE (Saver, 2x flexi) trip booked before I hit the last day of my membership cycle. I just noticed I was (sort of) tantalisingly close to hitting Platinum and needed 281 status credits to get there.

I'm thinking there's not much likelihood of nailing new level, even with using points to get business class upgrades on the existing flights I've booked. Any suggestions on a way I could manage to jag the upgrade or better luck next year?

cheers,
MV

opusman

AFF Supporter
Note that if you upgrade with points you only earn SCs for the originally booked class.

Those itineraries should earn 95 (assuming BNE-SYD/CBR-BNE are the flexis) leaving you 186 short, which is a fair whack for a status run without a double SC offer.

How badly do you want to make Platinum?

mikevictor

Note that if you upgrade with points you only earn SCs for the originally booked class.

Those itineraries should earn 95 (assuming BNE-SYD/CBR-BNE are the flexis) leaving you 186 short, which is a fair whack for a status run without a double SC offer.

How badly do you want to make Platinum?
Not that badly :) $$$$$

I reckon it'll be a case of knocking it over next member year. Just thought it worthwhile checking the wisdom of the community first. Appreciate the response though.

levelnine

281 status credits at a fairly favourable rate of $6/SC is $1686. Are you willing to spend $1686 to obtain platinum? If not, I'd forget about it.

Forg

281 status credits for only $1686 would involve a lot of careful wrangling & farnarkling, wouldn’t it?
eg. an $8k J return trip to London won’t get you that much status will it?

jase05

AFF Supporter
281 status credits for only $1686 would involve a lot of careful wrangling & farnarkling, wouldn’t it?
eg. an $8k J return trip to London won’t get you that much status will it?
Can involve a bit of wrangling.
MH status runs are good earners and for around $600 you can get 200-240 SC’s. Just need to get a cheap flight from Aus to DPS or another Asian port. DPS-KUL-BKI or DPS-KUL-LGK are a couple of pretty good routes and who doesn’t want to stay a day or two in BKI or LGK?

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmrgupta