Worth keeping an eye on BWS clearances, one of the stores in my area has had this on clearance for 3 months - not sure on the vintage.An interesting read! Lanson does quite well in the rankings. Their Gold Label is actually a nice drop, and very competitively priced (good value).
don't forget Tyson's guide - Lanson Gold Label is good, but Extra Age is better in both quality/complexity and value - only a few clearance dollars moreAn interesting read! Lanson does quite well in the rankings. Their Gold Label is actually a nice drop, and very competitively priced (good value).
BWS clearance wines and prices are store specific and vary between themHow many of the Lanson did they have on offer Steady?
Thanks! I saw the Extra Age was #21 on the top 100 list. Haven't tried it before.don't forget Tyson's guide - Lanson Gold Label is good, but Extra Age is better in both quality/complexity and value - only a few clearance dollars more
Clouet is another personal favourite. If you have the chance, try the “Tiffany blue” label. Gorgeous.
I am not the Champers drinker in our household so I don't know what is a good price but I got this email from Vintage Cellars today Pommery Brut Royal NV Champagne 750mL | Vintage CellarsMy Pomeroy is running out Need a new special.
$120 @ Maison One (NSW/VIC/WA only) - also:
A bargain at half the price.$120 @ Maison One (NSW/VIC/WA only) - also:
And for upcoming anniversaries:
- Ruinart Blanc de Blancs Gift Box $96
- Dom Pérignon Vintage 2008 $225
Or a special post-COVID celebration:
- Dom Pérignon P2 2000 $500
- Veuve Clicquot Vintage Rosé 1990 Magnum $980
- Glenmorangie 1991 Grand Vintage $1,000
- Krug 2000 Magnum Gift Box $1,030
- Krug Collection 1990 Wooden Gift Box $1,060
- Veuve Clicquot Vintage Réserve 1990 in Jeroboam, Private Cellars $2,680
- Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 1990 Jeroboam $3,890
View attachment 218401
- Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Inkwell by Baccarat $102,000:
- Belvedere Vodka Pure $50
- Glenmorangie Original Gift Box $58
- Ardbeg 10 Years Old $70
- Belvedere Vodka Pure 1.75L $128
Hmmm...interesting lists there. Not sure how thorough it is given Krug NV couldn't make it into the top 10 of their "TOP 10 Non-Vintage Blend Champagnes in 2020" list.Tastingbook is the world’s largest wine information source and social community trusted by thousands of wine professionals and wineries around the world. Tastingbook is unbiased, ad-free, non-commercial, free to everyone and easy to use. Created by FINE Wine Magazines - The World´s leading fine...tastingbook.com
Top 10 Best Champagnes 2020
- Dom Pérignon 2008
- Louis Roederer Cristal 2008
- Dom Pérignon P2 2002
- Ruinart Dom Ruinart 2007
- Dom Pérignon Rosé 2006
- Maison Mumm Cuvée R. Lalou 2006
- Moët & Chandon MCIII 001.14 NV
- Rare Champagne 2006
- Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Rosé 2010
- Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2007