Advice on champagne | Page 148 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Advice on champagne

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
New to this wine, champagne, liquor threads. How long can a bottle of champagne be stored? I read that it's best to store it horizontally and stable temperature - would 18-20 degrees be fine?
Depends on the wine, storage conditions and whether you liked ages champagne or not.

Horizontally for sure. Ideal is probably cooler. More like 12C - 14C, but 18-20 would be ok for shorter to medium term. More important is constant temperature.

cityloop

New to this wine, champagne, liquor threads. How long can a bottle of champagne be stored? I read that it's best to store it horizontally and stable temperature - would 18-20 degrees be fine?
Ideally a bit cooler around 12-14C is best, but as mentioned above consistency in temperature is most important. Always store on their side to ensure the cork is alway in contact with the wine, so as to prevent the cork drying up and letting air in. Ideally you should be drinking straight away, but up to 3 years for a non vintage and you should be fine.

qaz

Established Member
AFF Supporter
$100 off $300+ spend @ Fine Wine Co ends 11am today:
  • Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV $65 -> $45
  • Champagne Duval-Leroy Fleur de Champagne Brut Premier Cru NV $50 -> $33.33
  • Quartz Reef Blanc de Blanc 2013 $50 -> $33.33

tielec

$100 off $300+ spend @ Fine Wine Co ends 11am today:
  • Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV $65 -> $45
  • Champagne Duval-Leroy Fleur de Champagne Brut Premier Cru NV $50 -> $33.33
  • Quartz Reef Blanc de Blanc 2013 $50 -> $33.33
Referral required to register?

PDog

View attachment 181027
True that!!

And thanks @Cruiser Elite for the heads up on the PH rare- we loved it!
Definitely my favourite over the Dom. No trouble getting that brought into TPR (infact they remembered that was my preference when I returned 12 hours later without me even asking- such great service!)

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
True that!!

And thanks @Cruiser Elite for the heads up on the PH rare- we loved it!
Definitely my favourite over the Dom. No trouble getting that brought into TPR (infact they remembered that was my preference when I returned 12 hours later without me even asking- such great service!)
No need for thanks at all my friend - glad you enjoy it.

So TPR staff remembered your Champs preference? About normal for the level of personalised service in TPR.

qaz

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Dan's has put champagnes on clearance. You know what to do (search for prices ending in .78)
Great spot after their chardonnay, pinot noir, shiraz and cabernet - thank you very much, I found these thirty:

Note that these prices are possible:
  • Krug Clos D'Ambonnay 1998 $2470.78 (not $3999)
  • Laurent-Perrier Vintage $79.78 (not $84.78)
Whilst these are in-store only not delivered:
  • Lanson Noble Cuvée Brut Vintage $88.78
  • Veuve Clicquot Rich $88.78
  • Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve Champagne Non Vintage $73.78
The Krug Clos D'Ambonnay 1998 is the cheapest I've ever seen :)

If you can't Parcel Collect at Australia Post, then try price-matching at My Wine Guy ($30 voucher) or Prince Wine Store

Last edited:

Kangol

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Ah I missed the DM clearance. How do you list them by row? I can only see it in "large format" and can't find any options to condense..

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episod ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRH