Additional AmEx Platinum card for business expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

kior22

Hi team,

First time posting here in the forums. I'm in the process of consolidating all my credits cards expenses into (ideally) just one credit/charge card. Up until now I've had an ANZ Qantas Black and an AmEx Qantas Ultimate. I decided to consolidate them both taking into an AmEx Platinum which gives me more flexibility when it comes to transferring points out to different airlines/etc.

To the point, I recently created my own company/ABN and looking for ways in which I could leverage the AmEx Platinum (the non business version). I remember reading somewhere that it AmEx can potentially issue a separate supplementary card for the same card owner so that they can easily distinguish what are personal expenses and what are business related ones.

Have any of you guys been able to do this? I gave AmEx a call the other day and they mentioned that it is not possible. Ideally I would prefer to avoid having to apply for a business card to prevent it from affecting my credit score plus the ABN/business is only 2 months old.

Any ideas that come to mind? I thought that maybe I could apply for the AmEx Platinum Reserve credit card which should be fee free and have the business expenses there, but if you guys know a way to just use the AmEx Platinum that would be awesome!

Thanks everyone in advanced.
Regards,

Seb

This feature is called an “additional” card. Should be able to request it over the phone. You will get a card with your name followed by “A/C” which you can then use for business purchases to itemize them separately on your statement.

There was mention on AFF some time ago that Amex has discontinued this feature. I have had mine for a long time so have no recent experience of this.

Last edited:
I applied for the A/C card in late 2020 - at the time, I wasn't able to do so even via the phone (as stated above, I was notified it was discontinued).

An amazing AFF member has posted instructions on how you can still do so here (I can confirm it worked for me!):

Not sure if it’s still a but we have a (free) platinum reserve card as part of our Amex platinum. We use this exclusively for business expenses and it’s itemised separately. (Plus you get extra travel credits.)

Not sure if it’s still a but we have a (free) platinum reserve card as part of our Amex platinum. We use this exclusively for business expenses and it’s itemised separately. (Plus you get extra travel credits.)
Sadly no TC for anyone applied and approved for reserve card after Mar 2021 sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back