Adding an Amex A/C or 'Account Card'

Quattro

Virgin
Platinum
I have tried searching a/c card, a/c american express card, and nothing has come up but I remember reading about it here multiple times.

I'm trying to set up my A/C card, spoke to Live Chat, said I can do it online which I thought you couldn't. I proceeded to add an additonal card holder the normal way as advised, and one of the terms was 'must not be in your name'. Spoke to Live Chat again, said I had to call. I did that, and they said they have to physically send (can't email) and then I can upload it via the online account.

Was there a way to expedite this process, or is that the only way an A/C card can be added?

Solution
Has any one had any success getting the extra card?

I tried just before xmas and they rejected it. And I am wary about trying too many times.
I tried a few months back with no success, submitted the form twice both times they called & said they don’t offer the card anymore.
Also that the codes on the pdf form are not recognised anymore 🤷🏼‍♂️
It wasn't a smooth process for me either. It took a few phone calls and live chats.

In the end they mailed me a form to fill out, which I then uploaded online.

This was only around January this year, so I'd assume you'll need to ask for the form to apply for the A/C card.

The A/C card requires a paper form that you then upload online. If you don't do it this way, then it eats into your 4 supplementary card allowance.

I’ve got a few (though none recently) and always done it over the phone. Been. Quite easy. Looks like they’ve tightened up on it.

Yep it can be a bit of a process, I've uploaded the form and instructions in this post:
AMEX Platinum Charge Benefits - Q&A

Thank you - that was the post I was looking for! They were unable to email me that form and I could tell by the tone in the operator's voice that form wasn't going to arrive 😂

Thanks for your help everyone. They did tell me they used to be able to do it over the phone but are no longer able to, that part seemed accurate from what he was saying and definitely correlates to these posts too :).

does A/C card produce a separate statement to your main amex card
It doesn't - however you can create a separate login for the a/c card which can only view those transactions.
I use the separate login for two separate purposes.
1/ Gives my admin person access to transactions just on my a/c card.
2/ Allows me to feed the business card only in to Xero

No. Same statement but all charged on the A/C card are itemised like it is a supplementary card. Ie, very easy to separate out what was spent on each card.
Does this mean that you can't pay the bill separately?
Post automatically merged:

Set it up under a separate login and you'll be able to see/select offers
If your A/C card is set up under a separate login then can you pay the bill separately from the original card?

I've found Amex have become savvier with this. Used to be you'd get a second (and more if you had supps) bite at the offer cherry. Now I find that many offers for my primary charge card are not duplicated for supps or the additional. YMMV.

Back