Add paid segment to Qantas classic award partner ticket?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Rickd, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Rickd

Rickd Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Hi,

I booked a Qantas classic award on a partner airline, is it possible to add a paid segment booked through the Qantas to this ticket so my bags could be checked through and I can check into both flights at once?

I called Qantas but the person I spoke to said no and if I had two separate tickets it would depend on the person I got at check in whether they would check me in all the way though - it is only a problem because the time between the two flights does not allow me to collect bags+check in for second flight (1hr... and check in closes 1hr before flight).

Does anyone know of a way around this? Any suggestions appreciated.

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
  3. amaroo

amaroo Senior Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've only been able to link bookings - this allows the airlines to see your thru travel but does not guarantee the same as an all in one booking. Have always built time in the itinerary to eliminate connections/transfers of <3hrs.

Are both flights OW airlines? FWIW, I've never had a problem with OW partners checking and issuing BP's for all flights.

4. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    What's the MCT at the airport you are transferring at? If the time between the two flights is less than that, I believe you are on your own.

5. Mwenenzi

Mwenenzi Established Member

May 17, 2006
    MEL
    #5 Mwenenzi, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    This flight? http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/your-questions/how-does-expert-flyer-seat-48366.html#post780988

Personally I would never book separate flights with a 1 hour connection. Only takes a 10 minute delay and your are in deep ****. Suggest you change 1 flight.

Edit (after post 6)
    So this flight ? http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/your-questions/qantas-classic-award-availability-changes-58702.html
    Does Fiji allow you to book these 2 flights as 1 paid ticket?

(I did have both threads originally but deleted to newer thread)

6. Rickd

Rickd Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks for the responses... sounds like it won't work out.

Both flights are on Fiji Airways booked through Qantas, one booked an award and one would be a paid ticket.

7. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    That makes it a slightly different story, as it would be up to Fiji Airways and their policies, and their check in team which is contracted.