Accomodation on Connecting Flights

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer' started by littl_flier, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    I'm just planning a friends Honeymoon (well, the travel arrangements anyway) :oops: and they plan on travelling to HKT and BKK from BNE. I've had a look at Zuji and the fares are about $1162 on SQ and $1080 on JQ so I'm going to suggest they go full service.

I did up a dummy itinerary and came up with BNE-SIN-HKT on SQ236 (1445 - 2045) connecting to Silkair 750 (0710 - 0755). I've heard of SQ paying for overnight accomodation for colleagues that travel to South Africa for holidays, I was wondering if they will cover the land arrangements here or if I'm dreaming?

2. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    If the fare allows STPC then yes overnight accomodation will be paid for by SQ. Otherwise there's the transit hotel at Changi Airport.

Not really an expert on this though - you might want to confirm with the good folks over at sqtalk or the SQ forum on FT.

3. Travel Guru

Travel Guru Established Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Singapore wont provide STPC on this route as there is an alternative flight ex BNE that will connect right through (leaves at 2345 from memory), so its only ever provided when there is no alternative and the pax is doing a forced overnight due to the airlines inability to get them to their destination same day.

TG

4. futaris

futaris Established Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Brisbane
    Sorry, what does STPC stand for? I assume that it will be listed in the fare basis if it is provided by the airline.

5. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    STPC = Services To be Paid by Carrier

In most contexts I have seen it refers to the Airline Paying for accommodation at a stopover point; so much so that many in the travel industry sees it a purely that. However, it can refer to transfers, meals, anything the airline pays for in the normal progression of take a passenger from a to b.

6. littl_flier

littl_flier Active Member

May 1, 2007
    Brisbane
    Thanks guys, I was just trying to avoid the first night on their honeymoon being jetlagged (from the redeye) when they should be doing other things. ;)

After the wedding, every little dollar counts. Be interesting to see what they decide.

7. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Ahh - forgot that there was another flight ex-BNE. MEL-centric pax here. :oops: :mrgreen:

Then yes definitely no STPC. The transit hotel is quite reasonably priced though, but do book early as it tends to get booked out pretty quickly.

8. Travel Guru

Travel Guru Established Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Gold Coast, Australia

Ill second that, great stopover hotel but a bit hit and miss if you just rock up

Welcome to Ambassador Transit Hotel

TG