Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

access to Alaska Board Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heycam

One of the segments of my December itinerary is PDX-LAX on AS 562 sold as QF 3704. The fare class that the QF MMB page shows me is "Business (I)", though I think there are only two classes on AS 562: Economy and First. From my brief searching it looks like AS lets people with First class tickets into the Board Room. Will I be let in?

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
One of the segments of my December itinerary is PDX-LAX on AS 562 sold as QF 3704. The fare class that the QF MMB page shows me is "Business (I)", though I think there are only two classes on AS 562: Economy and First. From my brief searching it looks like AS lets people with First class tickets into the Board Room. Will I be let in?

Can't help with the boardroom access issue - but on the fare basis that is fairly common these days... there are F seats which books from I class. This is often (always?) used with connecting flights on international tickets to allow business class pax to travel in First on USA flights.

opusman

Solutions
Yes you will have Board Room access.

heycam

Thanks RooFlyer. Sounds promising based on your third paragraph.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Dnicoll

No trouble accessing Alaska board room at LAX terminal 6 today as WP connecting from QF12 in business to AS2196. The sign at the door said "qantas members also welcome when travelling on Qantas or Alaska". Small pleasant enough lounge with free soft drinks/3 "well drinks"/cheese/crackers/fruit. I bought a salmon/rice meal which was ok for $8, breakfast eggs and pizza also for sale. No showers.

edit: was sold as Alaska flight NOT QF or AA codeshare.

Dnicoll

No trouble accessing Alaska board room at LAX terminal 6 today as WP connecting from QF12 in business to AS2196. The sign at the door said "qantas members also welcome when travelling on Qantas or Alaska". Small pleasant enough lounge with free soft drinks/3 "well drinks"/cheese/crackers/fruit. I bought a salmon/rice meal which was ok for $8, breakfast eggs and pizza also for sale. No showers.

edit: was sold as Alaska flight NOT QF or AA codeshare.

Addit: Here are photos of the sign granting Qantas members access to Alaska Board Room at LAX when travelling on Qantas or Alaska (photo taken Jan 2015), and the salmon/rice meal:
AlaskaBoardRoom LAX Access for Qantas.JPG AlaskaBoardRoom LAX Salmon.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020