Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

ABC (US edition) on TSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

clazman

Established Member
Flights
My Map
ABC news (US edition) this morning talked about TSA finding 2212 guns in hand luggage in 2014, with the majority of these being in the southern states with more liberal gun laws.

It went on to say that last week alone they found 56 guns, some loaded and a round in the spout.

When asked the passengers said they had forgotten they had the weapon with them.

Makes you wonder about their success rate?

Scarlett

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
ABC news (US edition) this morning talked about TSA finding 2212 guns in hand luggage in 2014, with the majority of these being in the southern states with more liberal gun laws.

It went on to say that last week alone they found 56 guns, some loaded and a round in the spout.

When asked the passengers said they had forgotten they had the weapon with them.

Makes you wonder about their success rate?
This was the front page story on the USA Today newspaper as well. An additional bit of info from the story was that they found a knife inside an enchilada that someone was trying to bring onto the plane. Apparently the person forgot it was there when making their food...

Rather bizarrely, when I first glanced at the headline whilst getting breakfast, I read it as "TSA finds 2000+ guns, planes, blah, blah, a knife and an echidna" I wasn't sure whether someone was smuggling native wildlife or going to use it as a weapon! Needed that first coffee...

Sprucegoose

A success rate of 90% would be extraordinary. Still means almost a gun per day is getting through.
My god and they call it the land of the free !!! They are all terribly polite as they don't know who has the gun.

What a way to live.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carsonjohn404