AA earning question

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by JamesF, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    Hi All,

I'm a little confused about AA points earning on QF flights, and the table on AA.com is the main reason for my confusion :)

Anyway, I have a cheap $79 O class trip SYD-BNE coming up and trying to decide whether to credit to AA or QF.

As an AA Plat, will I earn:
    a) 500 base + 500 bonus = 1000
    b) 250 base + 250 bonus = 500
    c) 250 base + 125 bonus = 375
    d) none of the above :)

As a QF Gold I should get 1000 points?

I look forward to your replies!
    Thanks
    james

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    from Dave Noble's excellent post in the Your Tips forum, and from aa.com you will find:

QF O class fare earn 0.25 EQP per mile flown. From AA.com you will note that QF O class fare earns 0.5 AA miles per mile flown. SYD-BNE is 467 miles. Where EQP are paid, there is a minimum of 500. Where miles are paid, the minimum is also 500 for QF flights.

AA pay their Platinum status bonus of 100% on the base or guaranteed minimum miles, so that means 500 bonus miles.

So as an AA Platinum you will earn 1000 AA miles for the QF O flight, and you will earn 500 Elite Qualifying Points towards your renewal requirement.