A380 Preview

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The timeline in that preview shows exactly why the LAX route will get the QF A380 before LHR route does. It implies LHR will not be ready for A380 until May 2007. So I wonder if that is just the QF terminal (still T4 or moved to T3 by then?), since I beleive SQ plan to fly to LHR before then.

3. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I'm holding out for some of those "artist impression" photos of the cabins

Very interested to see what they have in store!

4. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi all

I just stumbled across a few pics of the A380 that I wanted to share. I can link to them at the moment but they are pretty good.

Test flight Airbus Employees Seems like every seat is an F seat though - that will nice ;)

5. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thats an overstatement. Most of the photos aren't even real. Qantas is trying to keep us interested I guess...but failing ;)

Their interior product will be the thing of key interest and they just won't show it.

6. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There has been footage on the idiot box the last few days of the most recent 380 flight for journalists (took place at teh end of last week).

It showed footage from what looked like the J cabin, as well as from the Y cabin (3+4+3 seating) and some of the bar areas.

Have been trying to find this footage again on the web. I would assume that this is one of the test craft, and not one bound for a customer, given the veil of secrecy surrounding cabin fitout by the different airlines that are receiving the 380.

7. d15.in.oz

d15.in.oz Member

Nov 28, 2006
  8. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Just checking on youtube and there are a lot of vids - just nothing really recent that I have found so far

9. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    This should help ;)