747 on domestic Mel - Syd now?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by pauly7, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. pauly7

pauly7 Established Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Just got off QF 420 from Mel - Syd, they used a 747 300 so had the pleasure of sitting upper deck on the short run up to Sydney....

Had no idea what aircraft was operating so was a little suprised to see the 747 at the gate. I may have missed this development but I thought the 747-300 only domestic routes were the flew Perth flights?

Or maybe just a re-positioning flight that I lucked onto!?

Cheers

EDIT: Actually maybe it was just extra capacity for the football... QF had heaps of funny flight numbers and extra flights today... QF terminals PACKED.

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This would almost certainly be the reason.

3. pauly7

pauly7 Established Member

Dec 8, 2004
    yes... brain freeze :p

Still was funny getting the 747 for a short domestic hop!

4. AngieP

AngieP Intern

Apr 17, 2007
    Rural Victoria
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The $159 fares that Qantas was offering for travel Mel-Per this coming week have seen a change in schedule. There were about five flights scheduled for Thursday night 27 Sept with about 3 of them on the Jumbos. But now with no WA team in the grand final, the flights have been condensed. Any travellers should check their flights - my booking was redirected to another flight without consulting me. Luckily I checked because I wanted to transfer to the Jumbo at 7.40pm. Was able to do that with no probs thanks to Plantinum FF sister. Will be a pleasure to travel in the big one!:D