Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

747 Bar Carts

dkr

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Did anyone manage to snag one of these??? Fully stocked with up to 160 mini bottles of expiring wine, Tim tams and amenity kits...

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
People keep saying the hate QF/Qantas, but when things like this come up for sale, as in OP's post, and the 787 flight to no where, there's the evidence that people can be 2 faced!
Assuming if QF had 50 carts for sale, I wonder how many will be bought by people who love the item, (affecianados themselves of said item), and, and how many will be bought by those who will on sell it at a high margin on ebay/ozbargain, also to affecianados, who would pay a lot of such items.

Princess Fiona

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
People keep saying the hate QF/Qantas, but when things like this come up for sale, as in OP's post, and the 787 flight to no where, there's the evidence that people can be 2 faced!
Assuming if QF had 50 carts for sale, I wonder how many will be bought by people who love the item, (affecianados themselves of said item), and, and how many will be bought by those who will on sell it at a high margin on ebay/ozbargain, also to affecianados, who would pay a lot of such items.
I think given the price and onward shipping costs it’s unlikely that many/any will be bought to sell for profit.
There’s a thread on here from 6 years ago where an AFF’er paid $250 freight to get a free half cart to their residence.

pagingjoan

Established Member
The current offer includes delivery - at least in the headline.
I’ve not explored the fine print. :).....
.....Oh. Delivery for onselling!
Yes, a different matter!

illallangi

Flights
My Map
First I knew about this was reading a blog post at one mile at a time, which did say they were already sold out. Got an email at 0700 this morning from Qantas saying "As a valued Platinum member, we’re emailing you early about a very unique opportunity"...

Managed to order one so maybe they held some stock for WP or listed more stock?

rcn

Qantas
Platinum
Snagged a half sized one this morning. Used the email link for WP if that mattered. Also received 10% off for being in points club plus. I'm pretty excited to be honest, the 747 was such a special aircraft.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipseglobal

Currently Active Users