747 3 class refurb J seat questions | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

747 3 class refurb J seat questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Had a quick search but that doesn't mean the info I'm after isn't buried deep in a thread somewhere.

For a couple, whats row 1 like? Kind of keen to try it out for the forward facing window aspect. Also have row 14 available. Currently have row 1 for the day time flight to Hong Kong and 14 for the night return flight.

Thoughts on this approach? Any reasons I should give row 1 a miss? Done row 14 previously and was great for overnight.

I was also considering 3 E/F but taken in both directions.

David

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Not sure if you you will be able to get row 1 or 2.
Usually these seats are reserved for j pax who are also WP. QF releases them closer to the flight if they have not been allocated to WP or higher pax. Sometimes a gold pax can get row 1,2

Anything in the front (ex F cabin) is really good. To me it does not really matter row 1,2,3.

Also are you sure you are getting a 3class refurb. HKG service until end of Sept has the old F cabin with skybed mkI for J.
In this case F cabin is better (even if its sold and classified as J).

under the radar

AFF Supporter
yes I'm a 'nerd'.. and love the 'forward looking' views from the 2 windows available to row1..due to the curvature of the fuselage ..you get see more up ahead than any other pax :D..and you are actually seated further forward than the pilots....did I mention I am a 'nerd' :D

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Not sure if you you will be able to get row 1 or 2.
Usually these seats are reserved for j pax who are also WP. QF releases them closer to the flight if they have not been allocated to WP or higher pax. Sometimes a gold pax can get row 1,2

Anything in the front (ex F cabin) is really good. To me it does not really matter row 1,2,3.

Also are you sure you are getting a 3class refurb. HKG service until end of Sept has the old F cabin with skybed mkI for J.
In this case F cabin is better (even if its sold and classified as J).
SWMBO is WP and hence we have access to row 1.

Aircraft is a refurb'ed 747 with the old F seats out and mkII skybeds in the nose section.

Tried so find some user pics of row 1 in this config, but not found any either. Wanted to see how squishy it really is up there.

Mr_Orange

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SWMBO is WP and hence we have access to row 1.

Aircraft is a refurb'ed 747 with the old F seats out and mkII skybeds in the nose section.

Tried so find some user pics of row 1 in this config, but not found any either. Wanted to see how squishy it really is up there.
I flew 1K on QF5 (SYD-SIN) a couple of years ago. I didn't find it squishy at all.

eosphoros

I am flying QF21 on July 27 and it will be the first time I will be on a refurbished 747 (usually stick to A380 for prospects of upgrading to F).

Would those who have been in row 1 recommend it over 5B/5J?

serfty

Flights
My Map
Single PAX? - 5B or 5J.

PAX Couple? - 3E/F

In 1A/B you will find yourself on friendly terms soon enough with 1?k occupants - they are quite close together with the gaps between the seats quite narrow.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Serfty is right. Any QF J product in AB,JK will mean having to climb over someone when skybed extended or be the recipient of said person climbing over you whether 747 or A380

EF means aisle access for row 3 in 747 refurbish only and all A380

Only row 5B and J in refurbished 747wont have someone from window climbing over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamolhaaaa