25 years - A Pictorial Celebration | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

25 years - A Pictorial Celebration

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
5 years since the last one - doesn't time fly! This TR is a follow up to the 20 year celebration you can see linked in my signature.

This time we're heading for a short but sweet trip to the USA. Highlights will include first time visit to Boston, driving through New England, Fall Colours, Saranac lake / Adirondack region, capped off with a few nights in NYC.

QFF / P1 were kind enough to release award seats on short notice - all flights are awards.

QF J BNE - SYD
QF F SYD - LAX
QF J LAX - JFK
QF J JFK - LAX
QF J LAX - BNE .... QF did release F back to SYD, but given the midnight departure and the PITA connection back to BNE mrsamaroo decided we'll be going direct to BNE.

Will be our first time on a 787.... hope we like it, we have three of them on this trip.

This trip will right a wrong from way back in 1996. 23 years ago we booked to stay at lodge that began life in the 1930s as a Rockefeller Great Camp, we had to cancel that trip due to work commitments. No such work issues this time!

The TR will contain the usual things you can expect from us, starting with a night at SYD Park Hyatt and a meal at Quay.

NoName

Established Member
AFF Supporter
About time you did another trip report! Lock me in! :p

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Itinerary!

QF J down to BNE and an overnight stay at SYD Park Hyatt with dinner at Quay.

QF first lounge SYD and F over to LAX, QF F lounge LAX, J QF11 to JFK.

Due to reduction of AA flights between JFK and BOS we ended up making the decision to hire a car and driver to collect us from QF11 - I certainly will not be in any state to drive after frying F from SYD ;) Not the most ideal outcome, but better than waiting countless hours transiting or overnighting in a place you don't wont to be.

- 4 nights in Boston staying at the Four Seasons

- Collect hire car and drive to The Point .... what a great AFF name! We have three nights here.

The Point started out as a family camp for the Rockefeller's back in 1930s.

- Drive to NYC for three nights staying at the Four Seasons DT

- Thanks to some timely advice from @Flying mermaid we were able to secure a dinner booking at Eleven Madison Park

- The rest we'll make up as we go along.

Flying mermaid

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Looking forward to this one :). We ate at Quay in May for Dr FM’s birthday - only a few weeks after Eleven Madison Park!

craven morehead

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Itinerary!

QF J down to BNE and an overnight stay at SYD Park Hyatt with dinner at Quay.

QF first lounge SYD and F over to LAX, QF F lounge LAX, J QF11 to JFK.

Due to reduction of AA flights between JFK and BOS we ended up making the decision to hire a car and driver to collect us from QF11 - I certainly will not be in any state to drive after frying F from SYD ;) Not the most ideal outcome, but better than waiting countless hours transiting or overnighting in a place you don't wont to be.

- 4 nights in Boston staying at the Four Seasons

- Collect hire car and drive to The Point .... what a great AFF name! We have three nights here.

The Point started out as a family camp for the Rockefeller's back in 1930s.

- Drive to NYC for three nights staying at the Four Seasons DT

- Thanks to some timely advice from @Flying mermaid we were able to secure a dinner booking at Eleven Madison Park

- The rest we'll make up as we go along.
Nice enough shack 😉

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Foliage Update.

Fingers crossed we get the timing right! The Adirondacks / Saranac Lake area look to be turning first.

5A92A182-18B0-490E-B96A-4A5E214A6788.png

944ABB07-1A74-49B2-AD7B-95530DCA74A4.png

tgh

Established Member
AFF Supporter
We were very disappointed after it looked like we were right on the money …..close was not close enough

drron

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Of course if you are red/green colour blind it doesn't make much difference. ;)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episod ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRH