2020 F1 Thread | Page 6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

2020 F1 Thread

kelvedon

Established Member
Flights
My Map
The UK government has given the go ahead for two consecutive races at Silverstone to be held in August. Team personnel have been given exemption from the 2 week iso regulation and will fly in via chartered aircraft with covid testing before departure and during the meeting.
At this stage, the calander appears to kick off with two Austrian races on 5 and 12 July, followed by a third in Hungary on 19 July. Silverstones‘ dates TBA.

kelvedon

Established Member
Flights
My Map
These are the race dates.

F1 2020 opening calendar
3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

Source:-

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
These are the race dates.

F1 2020 opening calendar
3-5 July - Austrian Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

10-12 July - Steiermark Grand Prix (Red Bull Ring)

17-19 July - Hungarian Grand Prix (Hungaroring)

31 July-2 August - British Grand Prix (Silverstone)

7-9 August - 70th Anniversary Grand Prix (Silverstone)

14-16 August - Spanish Grand Prix

28-30 August - Belgian Grand Prix

4-6 September - Italian Grand Prix

Source:-
Makes sense to run them all in most of the COVID-19 hotspots :rolleyes:

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
So race 1 is finally upon us!

It would have been interesting to see how Q3 would have ended up without the yellow flag in the last minute.

Must...Fly!

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
So race 1 is finally upon us!

It would have been interesting to see how Q3 would have ended up without the yellow flag in the last minute.
Yes, I was quite keen to see the real qualifying speed of the Renault. Perhaps not to Norris' level but given how good their race pace has been...

Ferrari engine "modifications" have certainly opened the door to earn some big points for the upper midfield teams, if they can stay on track in Austria 1 & 2. And given the indeterminate number of races this year, extra points could be hugely valuable.

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Pretty boring till all the late SCs

RIC continuing his form of DNF when good points on offer. Those 26 points very valuable for McLaren

Ausbt

Established Member
Happy to see NOR pick up the podium. I've been feeling better about HAM since he started his BLM crusade, nice to see the guy be outspoken about it. But as a racer, does he ever stop whinging? Ok appreciate every great sporting champion never gives an inch, that's how you get to the top, but I've never heard a radio message from HAM that wasn't a whinge. "But he's doing it" re: BOT hitting kerbs sums it up really.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I found it amusing how the UK based commentators failed to watch NOR's last lap more carefully.

The Kayo 30 minute minis can be a better way to watch these. A far cry from the 80's when I would record on VHS while sleeping and get up at 5am to watch 'em.

Buzzard

I found it amusing how the UK based commentators failed to watch NOR's last lap more carefully.

The Kayo 30 minute minis can be a better way to watch these. A far cry from the 80's when I would record on VHS while sleeping and get up at 5am to watch 'em.
I watched the Kayo mini. Probably didn't miss anything.

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Even though it seems Mercedes will run away with it again this year I'm happy the show is back on.
With some rain forecast for Saturday and the teams all having some data it should be an interesting round 2.

HappyFlyerFamily

Is it the same track again? Just different GP name.

I saw possible rain Saturday and Sunday, with significant temperature drops. So Friday practice might be less relevant in terms of data relevance for qualifying and the race. It would be even more interesting if they couldn’t hold qualifying due to weather.

Seems likely to be much different race conditions if at the same track.

jamescara

Same track, different GP name.

It'll (hopefully) make for an interesting weekend, and no doubt a first time back to back races at the same track?

What have teams learnt, what can they change, and how will the weather stir things up?

It would be good if F1 implemented a few more reg's like Supercars have done locally, reduced tyre allocations etc to spice things up a little more. Hell - two races in a weekend would be an interesting twist to F1 as well!

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Same track, different GP name.

It'll (hopefully) make for an interesting weekend, and no doubt a first time back to back races at the same track?

What have teams learnt, what can they change, and how will the weather stir things up?

It would be good if F1 implemented a few more reg's like Supercars have done locally, reduced tyre allocations etc to spice things up a little more. Hell - two races in a weekend would be an interesting twist to F1 as well!
Especially if the second race was a reverse grid. Hehehe

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ivert