2000 "free" points on ANZ QANTAS VISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo

I just got a letter from ANZ saying if I signed up for credit card protection I'd get 2000 points. The catch is that it costs you 60 cents per $100 calculated on the closing balance on your monthly statement, and you MUST retain the service for a minimum of 3 months in order to get the points. The number is 1300 131 026

The interesting thing is that the guy I spoke to in order to activate the service, said I'd only get 1000 bonus points, but when I said I had received the letter offer for 2000 points, he said "ok, you'll get 2000 points". So be sure to say you got the letter if you decide to take up this offer.

Also, something interesting for those of us that don't get automatic travel insurance with our cards, if you buy travel insurance through ANZ, on 1800 062 660 using your ANZ qantas card, you get 1000 bonus points, plus a 10% discount on the premium. I was very surprised at the low price, $585 for my 5 month trip, with $0 excess, and top class cover.

Once my three months are up, I'm ditching ANZ for credit cards and moving to Citibank to get the 2points/dollar for the balance transfer and ANZ card closure.

Sam.

Did you check out the Qantas Travel Insurance offer?
Last time I had a policy, it was about $580. for a whole year, and covered family if travelling with you etc.
Qantas also offer 2,000 points for a yearly policy or 1,000 for a single trip.

Don't get too wrapped up in the 'points'.... look for value first !

regards,

Thanks for the tip Gordon. I already checked out the Qantas insurance, but the problem with it was that they wont cover any trip in excess of 90 days. I´m away for 5 months so that just wont cut it.

And believe me, I´ve done my research and this insurance is far and away the best value I´ve found. It just so happens that there is 2000 points up for grabs. :D

Sam.

Sorry, that last post should read ¨...1000 points upo for grabs¨.

Sam

Speaking of "points up for grabs"....

ANZ are now promoting a 10,000 point offer for 'new applicants' only.

Isn't it always the way? After you sign up and get your card... these offers come up ?

regards,

I recently upgraded from Blue to Gold and they offered me a deal - I think it was 2000 bonus points if you signed up for E-Dine and Auto Assist.

No good for me as you had to buy both and I already have roadside assist.

My recollection is you had to join for 3 months to get the bonus points and could then cancel.

Is that 10,000 bonus points still available!???

its tantelising my taste buds, but im not sure the reqards and bonus partners really fit the bill. considering CBA Gold is of similar price and offers at least 2 bouns points on everyhitng! and up to 5 on some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back