20,000 extra Qantas Points for first-time cardholders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I think I might get this bonus. Got a Qantas Premier Platinum card last month and points haven't credited yet so I just registered. Let's see...

The Important information says that you must not have earned Qantas points from a Qantas points earning credit card in the past 12 months.
Register is my advice. It's free. We've seen how these types of offers have played out in the past. If you do not register you may miss out.

Last edited:
Nice, I think I might get this bonus. Got a Qantas Premier Platinum card last month and points haven't credited yet so I just registered. Let's see...

Exact same situation for me. I think there's a good chance that it applies to cards applied for from 1 July. But who knows.....

On a side note, I forget what the spend requirement to get the sign up points is. I recall something about 70K this year then 30K after the next year fee is paid?

Exact same situation for me. I think there's a good chance that it applies to cards applied for from 1 July. But who knows.....

Looking at the T&C again, I don't think I'll be eligible as it seems to be any points earning card, but as Dr Ralph says, no harm in trying!

Last edited:
Looking at the T&C again, I don't think I'll be eligible as it seems to be any points earning card, but as Dr Ralph says, no harm in trying!
The list of eligible cards is extensive and the Qantas Premium Platinum card is on it.

The list of eligible cards is extensive and the Qantas Premium Platinum card is on it.

The problem is that the T&C states that you are eligible if you did not recieve any points from any of those partners in the last 12 months (not just the one card provider).

^ New cardholder bonus: New cardholder bonus offer valid between 12.01am (AEST) 1 July and 11.59pm (AEST) 31 July 2019. 20,000 bonus Qantas Points applicable to new Qantas Points earning credit or charge card holders only. Offer limited to one per Qantas Frequent Flyer member only. Members must not have earned Qantas Points on a Qantas Points earning card into their Qantas Frequent Flyer account within the past 12 months from offer registration to be eligible.

Ah I see. That doesn't rule me out because I haven't earned any QF points by card in a very long time, assuming the Bankwest transaction account offer from last Sept does not count as a card.

Mrs NoName was approved for the QF Premier Platinum card last week under the 120k pt offer. Not yet activated the card. Have registered her just in case.

Interesting, don't think I've had a Qantas card in the last year until the Bankwest one I just got. Won't get the first points statement till later this month. Worth a shot I guess.

As mentioned, it has certainly not hurt to be listed for these bonuses in the past. Last years' was quite profitable :)

As mentioned, it has certainly not hurt to be listed for these bonuses in the past. Last years' was quite profitable :)
No it does not hurt.

I registered even though I applied for the QF Prem card in June just prior to the 1 July start date. I hadn't received any sign on points so I called to ask about that (be patient I was told). I took the opportunity to ask about the 20k bonus and was told I didn't qualify due to my application date. Fair enough. But the 20k points appeared anyway.

I activated this offer before I signed hubbie up for the QF Premier card. 5 months on, still no bonus points.

Any idea how to raise this with Q money if the offer page is now blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back