10% Bonus on CC Points Transfers + 10% Off Reward Seats | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

10% Bonus on CC Points Transfers + 10% Off Reward Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

jneufeld

Same deal as last year just reduced.

Velocity Frequent Flyer offers you the ability to turn your existing credit and charge card reward points into Velocity Points.

Transfer your credit or charge card points to your Velocity Account between 1 and 31 May 2014, and receive 10% bonus Velocity Points*.

At the same time, enjoy 10% off Virgin Australia domestic and international Reward Seats.

Simply book by 31 May 2014 and travel by 30 June 2014^.

For example:
Brisbane to Hamilton Island One way, economy from 6,210 Points + $12.73 Taxes^

Melbourne to Perth One way, economy from 15,210 Points + $27.93 Taxes^
Sydney to Los Angeles One way, economy from 42,300 Points + $131.98 Taxes & Fees^
With award winning reward seat availability, you’ll always have choice and flexibility~.

Velocity Frequent Flyer - 10% Bonus Points + 10% Off Reward Seats

lovestotravel

Shame the 10% off flights is only for travel to end of June 2014, I guess that helps with the EOFY for VA though...

cove

AFF Supporter
Have been waiting for the bonus to switch some warehoused points so thanks for posting details.

Hammando

I'll be stocking up.

Shame the 10% off flights is only for travel to end of June 2014, I guess that helps with the EOFY for VA though...
Yeah shame it isn't extended further.

Westpac not included as a bonus transfer partner are they usually?

markis10

Veteran Member
Doesn't apply for flights across the ditch either with VA NZ from what I can tell :(

zainman

AFF Supporter
T&C's say "minimum points transfer required". Does that mean the minimum points that your bank will transfer or is there a minimum points transfer needed to get the bonus 10% points to kick in? (if it's different to the banks minimum, I couldn't find it)...

burmans

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Can somone refresh me, how often do these typically happen, I seems to remember one such promo at the end of the year but unsure if this was last year or the year before! I also remember it was 15% not 10.!

zainman

AFF Supporter
Can somone refresh me, how often do these typically happen, I seems to remember one such promo at the end of the year but unsure if this was last year or the year before! I also remember it was 15% not 10.!
From what I've researched, they happen every 6 months or so.. Last one was in October 2013 and the one before in April 2013..

D

Deleted member 29185

If my memory is correct, I think they even had a 20% or 25% bonus a number of years ago. (definitely could be mistaken though)

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I remember 35%, 25% and 15%. Was there a 20% as well?

Hammando

One time it was 15% for American Express cards and 20% for Platinum charge cards and above.

tyler21

Have emailed Velocity as really disappointed it doesn't include Altitude, what's the go with this??

Last promotion 15% also, now I get no points what so ever because I use the wrong card ??

Awaiting your response VA!

Stone

Intern
Last year CBA weren't included in the offer in the first half of the year, but did appear in the second half. Don't lose hope.

Jack3193

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Last year CBA weren't included in the offer in the first half of the year, but did appear in the second half. Don't lose hope.
I'm guessing the card providers have to contribute in some way to the cost of the promotion in order to be included, and Westpac decided against it on this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amitplon