Amex app and available credit balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Anyone elses app funky with balance VS avail credit

For me it's quite weird

It should be total credit limit minus balance =available credit

For the past two weeks with no transactions. My available credit is minus 9k. Yet my balance is 15k oweing+credit limit (which is correct)

My last payment was 6k about 2 weeks ago. So it's though as if they've applied my payment twice

Also. To add to this.
I've worked out that I can go over my limit by about 5k before it stops working.
However sometimes it's as though additional purchases don't register in terms of available balance

Eg. My available credit is minus 5k. Im unable to make purchases Understandably But sometimes it allows me to keep spending for a while until it suddenly updates Eg my available credit becomes minus 25k.

Is it just me
It's very random.

Edit: also I decreased my available credit to a whole number a few months ago. On my statement the credit limit is correct.
The amount owing is correct. However avaible credit VS balance is always set on old limit. Amex support just said it takes a while

Just a very weird problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back