Youtrip travel card

I ran some tests during the past week and it seems that my recharges via an ANZ credit card weren't counted as a cash advance.

Reporting back - I used a MyCard Prestige card and it looks like the transaction went through normally and earned points (1 pt per $)
 
So, a bit of bumpy run with You Trip so far, though I think it's mostly the fault of others, not You Trip themselves. Tried to top up with my Virgin Money card and that failed. Quickly got a call from Virgin Money/NAB about the transaction, confirming it had tripped the fraud alarms and been blocked. Went through the 20 questions process with them to confirm that I'm not being scammed or pressured. Finished up that and then managed to top the card successfully on the second attempt.

Next step, to book the prepaid hotel in Indonesia using the YouTrip card to get the 4% cashback. Mixed results, booked via the Marriot site, entered all my details and the You Trip card numbers and pushed the BOOK button. Confronted with "An Unexpected Error has Occurred" page. Irritating, not the end of the world, probably nothing to do with the You Trip card. Seconds later I get a booking confirmation email. Seems the booking has gone through anyway. Charge has not appeared on the card yet, but this booking does say I've got a day to change my mind, so it might not process the transaction straight away.

I have a few weeks before the trip, so I'll just keep an eye on things and hopefully it'll be fine. I'll report back on how Virgin Money treats the transaction once its settled, but so far it's looking like a normal purchase transaction.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top