You know you're addicted to flying when... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

You know you're addicted to flying when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
You see a number plate with random letters on a car, and the first thing you read it as is an airport code! :eek:

Altair

Or recognise a flight code, or even searched for it:oops:
A friend's father went to Brazil just so he could show his sons the luggage tag POO

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Flashware said:
You see a number plate with random letters on a car, and the first thing you read it as is an airport code! :eek:
Great way to work out where to fly to next!

alect

Flashware said:
Or when writing emails to friends you use airport codes instead of city name and have to check yourself and revert back to lay names at the risk of confusing your audience.

simongr

Enthusiast
alect said:
Or when writing emails to friends you use airport codes instead of city name and have to check yourself and revert back to lay names at the risk of confusing your audience.
Very very guilty of that - I have also started correcting people when they abbreviate...

Kiwi Flyer

Updating a master thread with links to hotels you notice half the hotel page links use the wrong abbreviations for their city/airport.

NYCguy

Established Member
Altair said:
Or recognise a flight code, or even searched for it:oops:
A friend's father went to Brazil just so he could show his sons the luggage tag POO
Or having a laugh at the expense of the 'well nourished' family at LAX, who are looking at the departures monitor and loudly talking about which gate their flight to Fresno will depart from...

wallacej

Flights
My Map
You know the attendants by sight, and you request a different seat because you know that seat on that plane has a faulty headset plug!

wallacej

Flights
My Map
you avoid travel on the weekend because nobody flying on a Saturday knows that they need to remove laptops from bags and metal from bodies and you know that security screening will take 5 times as long for substantially less people!

wallacej

Flights
My Map
the first thing you do when you get home is check if you have been credited for the flight you have just taken!!!!:eek:

Ari Gold

You notice when watching the footy the small scoreboard on the screen doesn't reflect the airport code of the city/team which is playing.

Last edited:

hmc

You can't understand why family members didn't realise which city a movie's set in by the airport shots

hmc

[more travel than just flying] You can tell, in a big-name movie, what's going to come into screen as the camera pans in a shot in Penn Station, NY - true story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bogdanov Family