Yay!!! I Got My 10,000 Bonus Points - Just One Question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
..........WHY?

I just went to check how much money I owed on my Platinum Edge card, and saw that my Member Rewards points were up by around 10,000. I then checked the points history and saw that on 17 Feb 2016 I got 10,000 Bonus points.

I haven't referred anybody to earn the bonus points.
I checked my e-mails from Amex, and there's no mention of 10,000 bonus points.
I cancelled my Amex Qantas Discovery card back in May last year when I got the Edge card, and there was no mention of bonus points.
Amex gave me $100 or more back in June after I met the spend requirement.

So it is a complete mystery to me why I got these bonus points.

Maybe it's a mistake and they'll disappear?

Has anybody else gotten 10,000 bonus points for no apparent reason?
Regards,
Renato

Last edited:
Did the points history just say bonus points? How did you sign up your Edge card?

There is a 10,000 points sign up bonus with a minimum spend at the moment, would it be from this?
Is it your first directly issued AMEX?

Did the points history just say bonus points? How did you sign up your Edge card?

Yes, it only said Bonus Points. I signed up for the Edge card at the $149 per annum rate at the Member Advantage site for Professionals Australia members (i.e. at the union and association members' site).
Regards,
Renato

There is a 10,000 points sign up bonus with a minimum spend at the moment, would it be from this?
Is it your first directly issued AMEX?
I had signed up with the Amex Qantas Discovery card the year before, and had gotten its 2000 point bonus. There wasn't any mention of a 10,000 point bonus on the site where I joined, or I would have been nagging them for it many months ago. I've earned just over 60,000 points on the card since I got it nine months ago - which is pretty good going, as I didn't use it for the three months I was overseas. That translates to having put over $20,000 through the card during that time.
Regards,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back