Yarra Valley recommendations

boomy

Planing to take my +1 for day trip early March.
Been a while since my last visit so was hoping for some insight about recommended cellar doors and nice restaurant for lunch.

My plan is to book 3 premium tastings plus lunch.
One cellar door I’m keen to visit is Yarra Yering since I’m big fan of their wines. Apart from that I’m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

CLT Aussie

Intern
Agree that Meletos is good for lunch - food is good and has a fun, busy vibe. Another option for lunch is Oakridge (good for tastings too), although I haven't been since their chefs left during 2020.

Seville Estate is also good for lunch and again can be paired with a tasting.

mouseman99

Always pop round to Soumah when up that way. Doing some really good whites. Their Equilibrio range is worth trying albeit a bit pricey. Worth a visit to their cellar door imo.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Guvner

Solutions
I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Boat O'Craigo. Its basically a cellar door finger food menu.
+1 for Soumah and Meletos.

boomy

Thanks everyone.

following the advice here I’ve tried to book Meletos but they seem to be fully booked on the day. Oakridge and Seville estate menus don’t suit my +1 dietary requirements. Also Eleonore’s, which was a favourite of mine when living in MEL, is closed :(

Any thoughts about Coombe or Tokar dining experience?

CLT Aussie

Intern
I have eaten at Coombe and it was nice, but not really a 'wine-y' destination.

If you are feeling rich, you could try Ezard at Levantine Hill for lunch. They also do some fairly incredible tastings. I haven't been there, but have heard good things. Just watch out for helicopters...

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..