Worth changing CBA/NAB Amex Plat to Amex Plat Charge Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoldingPattern

Our family like to accrue Qantas points and are consolidating our cards at the moment.

Besides same business day emergency card replacement, lounge access and FHR what are the advantages of this card over the CBA/NAB Amex Platinum?

Also, we currently accrue points on our CBA card by BPAY-ing money to our DJs Amex to pay our bills.... could we do the same to the Amex Plat Charge?

Thanks!

AMEX does not have a facility to pay for bills using BPAY. (You can pay for your AMEX statement using BPAY from your bank account but you can't pay for bills using your AMEX card on BPAY).

Our family like to accrue Qantas points and are consolidating our cards at the moment.

Besides same business day emergency card replacement, lounge access and FHR what are the advantages of this card over the CBA/NAB Amex Platinum?

Also, we currently accrue points on our CBA card by BPAY-ing money to our DJs Amex to pay our bills.... could we do the same to the Amex Plat Charge?

Thanks!

Sorry I miss some of your points, do you mean you are currently using your CBA credit card bpay function to pay your AMEX statement? Does that kinda of transaction treat as cash advance or normal bill payment?

Thanks

Sorry I miss some of your points, do you mean you are currently using your CBA credit card bpay function to pay your AMEX statement? Does that kinda of transaction treat as cash advance or normal bill payment?

Thanks
OMG - that is awesome!! ... I didn't realise that there was a credit card issuer who accepted payments by credit card without it being a cash advance...

I just checked, and it would appear as a normal purchase, and therefore accrue points - American Express Australia Ltd - BPAY Biller Details - BPAY (this is the BPaybiller code for the DJ Amex)

... Wouldn't they lose a significant amount of money in bpay credit card fees from people paying their accounts??... This fee could be in excess of 50% of their profit received from many transactions (particularly from larger retailers where Amex earns a lower percentage on the sale compared to small stores)

Thanks for the replies. Annual fee aside do you reckon it's worth getting the Qantas Ultimate for guaranteed 1.5 QF points per dollar or go the Platinum Credit card at 1.25 QF points per dollar, in anticipation of '10k points per 20 transactions' type promotions? Annual spend would be 60k-90k.

Hi personalme,

Just confirming what other people have noted in the thread - You can use your Mastercard to pay off your AMEX? Wow!

Does anyone know if this would work with a qantas AMEX card? You could use a Mastercard or Visa to pay off that and simply double your points!

Hi personalme,

Just confirming what other people have noted in the thread - You can use your Mastercard to pay off your AMEX? Wow!

Does anyone know if this would work with a qantas AMEX card? You could use a Mastercard or Visa to pay off that and simply double your points!
Just checked - savings and cheque only... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back