Worldwide entry requirements

aikman

Solutions
I've noticed that a few people have already booked international trips for 2022.

What resources are people using to find out the current entry, transit, testing and quarantine requirements for each country? Is there a website that shows all this?

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I've noticed that a few people have already booked international trips for 2022.

What resources are people using to find out the current entry, transit, testing and quarantine requirements for each country? Is there a website that shows all this?

I wouldn't trust anything but the official government website of the country concerned.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I wouldn't trust anything but the official government website of the country concerned.

And even then, a month or two is like a lifetime in covid terms. Entry requirements are changing daily, for example UK is moving to remove the traffic light system and PCR test requirements.

I would not be basing travel *plans* for 2022 on entry requirements unless going to a particularly high risk country. As long as flights are refundable I think it's a case of book as soon as you get a good fare/find award seats, and worry about entry requirements closer to the time.

HappyFlyerFamily

Established Member
Solutions

This one is interesting - just need to select Australia as origin to see what is what.

But I would also double check the foreign government websites, especially as transits could be an issue.

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
This one is interesting - just need to select Australia as origin to see what is what.

But I would also double check the foreign government websites, especially as transits could be an issue.

This is not up-to-date. It shows New Zealand as "open" when this hasn't been the case for 2+ months.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
The Air Canada travel requirements page looks quite good. It allows you to select any starting and end point and your passport of travel: Travel Ready hub | Air Canada

It also includes links, so for example if you state an Aussie passport there's a link to the Aust Gov's outbound travel exemption page.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

TonyHancock

It is all a bit of a gamble....I got caught out thinking that the US may change entry restrictions once vaccinations were well under way. I am currently on an ESTA reset trip to MEX and changed my UK flights because of this. That said things are changing in November and I am scheduled to fly back to the UK in December with a return in January.)

I think the key is to make sure you have tickets that can be rebooked or refunded.

In terms of resources I follow the broadsheet news, sorry @burmans not the BBC or Daily Mirror*, Airlines, and government websites and then I try to predict the future - mostly unsuccessfully.)

* No offence.

Quickstatus

Enthusiast
Reminded that USA did not approve AZ as a Covid Vax

US approved CovidVax:
PZ (Pfizer)
SV (SpikeVax = Moderna)
JJ (Johnson and Johnson/Jannsen)

Would the US view AZ 2jabbers as being unvaccinated?

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
But the USA has now said they will allow any vaccine approved fully by the WHO when they open up in November.AZ is one of those vaccines.

Which vaccines will the United States accept?​

There had been questions surrounding what vaccines would be eligible for entry into the United States. There’s an update on that front, as the United States will recognize any vaccines authorized by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). That includes the following vaccines:

• AstraZeneca
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • Moderna
  • Pfizer-BioNTech
  • Sinopharm
  • Sinovac