Worlds shortest flight - set to launch on April 1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpc

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Well it's not the world's shortest flight...not sure if it is the shortest, but I have a flight between Ppt and Moz later this year, which according to the Great Circle Mapper, are 18km apart.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions
Shoddy journalism. Not the world's shortest flight, nor is it the shortest International flight.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Maybe (or maybe not) shortest jet flight rather than flight per se? Certainly there would be very few overland flights that are only 30 miles/48 km.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions
Maybe (or maybe not) shortest jet flight rather than flight per se? Certainly there would be very few overland flights that are only 30 miles/48 km.

BZV-FIH is 16 miles according to GCmap and is flown on a 737 or larger

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
BZV-FIH is 16 miles according to GCmap and is flown on a 737 or larger

There was bound to be one or more. I imagine that journey (by air) would proportionally save much more time vs surface transport than the trip between VIE & BTS.

harvyk

Qantas
Gold
I was more hinting that the date could mean this is not exactly on the level, but a dummy booking says otherwise...

Interesting about BZV-FIH, there is a youtube video of the full flight, on a B767...

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Solutions
There was bound to be one or more. I imagine that journey (by air) would proportionally save much more time vs surface transport than the trip between VIE & BTS.

I was more hinting that the date could mean this is not exactly on the level, but a dummy booking says otherwise...

Interesting about BZV-FIH, there is a youtube video of the full flight, on a B767...

As I understand it there really aren't many (any?) other options to cross the Congo

whatmeworry

This route might be good for a lounge run. However it might be difficult to earn SC or points with QF as it seems it doesn't book into the right booking class and it is also a pain in cough to work out out as well.

airberlin (AB) including airberlin affiliate Niki (HG)EOPWDiscount Economy0.25 -
GNQSVDiscount Economy0.50 -
BHKLMYEconomy1 -
CDIJBusiness125%
Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
Excluded: Qantas Points and Status Credits are not earned on Codeshare Flights operated by airlines other than oneworld[SUP]®[/SUP] alliance airlines.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users