Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

World's safest cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Interesting report.

I had a look at the full discussion on the rankings, and they use some different criteria to those I would have thought of (for example, they factor in digital security, and 'health security' (number of hospital beds)).

Personally, I think of 'safety' in terms of being able to walk down the street without fear of being banged on the head, or robbed. On that basis I was surprised to not see some Chinese cities score a lot higher than they did (for example in Shanghai you can walk in the equivalent of a King's Cross or King Street at 4am and feel completely safe).

Revolio

As a citizen who has lived in both SYD and MEL, I think many inner-city residents of both would find this quite amusing.

Himeno

Established Member
How did they work that out? A lot of the cities in that top 20 list, I wouldn't even put in the top 50. I think there should be more East and SE Asian cities in that list.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
How did they work that out? A lot of the cities in that top 20 list, I wouldn't even put in the top 50. I think there should be more East and SE Asian cities in that list.
If you click through to the link and then click through to the source, it is more than simply safety in terms of physical crimes. There are many cities in SE Asia I would feel safe from crime in - but then there's road safety, food/water safety, electrical safety, building safety (in terms of fire safety, construction quality etc) health services, etc that are far less safe than in more developed cities (which we typically might consider unsafe because of crime).

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearlz007