Woolworths Qantas CC for ATO bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisishere

Intern
Anyone recently used this card to pay money to the ATO?

Looked through the T&C's and it has a bit about "government charges" are excluded for points :(

I just used my WEDRQF card a few days ago and the points are showing now for the around $9K ATO bill. The charges were around $38 thereabouts. Let's hope it all stays good.

Happy that I get points for the tax bill payments.

Not very concerned about points related to the card fees.

It will be interesting to see how the millionaires factory handle this card now.

Government charges means government charges related to the card. Not paying bills to the government.

I can't think of any current government charges. But in the past my savings account used to be charged Financial Institutions Duty every time money was deposited (many years ago). If a similar charge was made on a credit card then it would be a government charge that does not earn points.

Government charges means government charges related to the card. Not paying bills to the government.

I can't think of any current government charges. But in the past my savings account used to be charged Financial Institutions Duty every time money was deposited (many years ago). If a similar charge was made on a credit card then it would be a government charge that does not earn points.

FID and don't forget the well named BAD tax!

FID and don't forget the well named BAD tax!

Bring back the lick on 'stamp duty' stamps because I am sick and tired of writing out land tax cheques to the Make the Buffoons & Our Mates Richer Fund

Just got this card a month ago and worked perfectly for ATO. But I've been warned to make sure you put lots of other transactions on there too. If it is mostly ATO they might cancel it.
Most annoying thing about this card is that it takes 4-5 days to transfer money into it from my bank account. Why does it take so long??

So I'm looking at paying the rest of my HECS debt off, making use of the extra 5% bonus they give for early payments. Worked out that putting approx $13500 on it will cost around $65 in the surcharge however this I might be able to claim back on tax anyway. 13k points for $65 and getting rid of my HECS debt before 1st June when indexation applies (also trying to get rid of it before it moves to the 10 year treasury bond rate)

So I'm looking at paying the rest of my HECS debt off, making use of the extra 5% bonus they give for early payments. Worked out that putting approx $13500 on it will cost around $65 in the surcharge however this I might be able to claim back on tax anyway. 13k points for $65 and getting rid of my HECS debt before 1st June when indexation applies (also trying to get rid of it before it moves to the 10 year treasury bond rate)
Assuming you have the money to pay off your CC when it comes due seems like a cheap way to get points.

Just got this card a month ago and worked perfectly for ATO. But I've been warned to make sure you put lots of other transactions on there too. If it is mostly ATO they might cancel it.
Most annoying thing about this card is that it takes 4-5 days to transfer money into it from my bank account. Why does it take so long??

More importantly, if you're using your Woollies card to pay ATO bills, ensure that it's for your Personal Income Tax bills, not regular BAS bills. The T&Cs for the card are that it is strictly for Personal transactions, and they do enforce that.

I often make a BPay payment early in the week and it's in my account by the next morning. Once it took 2 days.

So I can confirm that you do receive points for making payments to the ATO on the Woolworths Credit Card.

So I took a balance transfer option from Citibank, put an extra $15k onto the wow CC, made a bulk payment to ATO before the indexation was applied and now have my HECS debt on a 12 month interest free loan and getting the extra 5%.

With my tax returning coming up, since there was a HECS/HELP withholding, I'll get this all back (Around $8k just in HECS/HELP withholding) and some other deductions which would amount to a decent size tax return. So instead of paying my HECS through the compulsory payments, managed to pay it off with a credit card earning just over 13k points and shaved 5% of the total balance owing while also missing out on the 2.6% indexation that was to happen on the 1st June. With the 12 month balance transfer from citibank, should only have around $2000 to pay off over 12 months.

So I can confirm that you do receive points for making payments to the ATO on the Woolworths Credit Card.

So I took a balance transfer option from Citibank, put an extra $15k onto the wow CC, made a bulk payment to ATO before the indexation was applied and now have my HECS debt on a 12 month interest free loan and getting the extra 5%.

With my tax returning coming up, since there was a HECS/HELP withholding, I'll get this all back (Around $8k just in HECS/HELP withholding) and some other deductions which would amount to a decent size tax return. So instead of paying my HECS through the compulsory payments, managed to pay it off with a credit card earning just over 13k points and shaved 5% of the total balance owing while also missing out on the 2.6% indexation that was to happen on the 1st June. With the 12 month balance transfer from citibank, should only have around $2000 to pay off over 12 months.

Well done, you can probably keep moving that money around with balance transfers!

I put about $xx_,xx_ on this card annually so with a $25,000 limit I have to re-load it during the month but that is ok. Lots of transactions go through it and it is a favourite of mine as it is uncapped. Sure I put some taxes on it but plenty of other stuff as it is a source of one point per dollar on buying Woolies Gift Cards at 5% off ex RAC. I then use those Qantas points for domestic travel pretty much every month in business class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back