Woolworths gift card thread | Page 177 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Woolworths gift card thread

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
From Wednesday November 30:

Get 10% bonus on the purchase of any Myer gift cards.

PLANT

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Just a heads up..... Can pay rego via perfect gift cards eftpos.
Did it now two years in a row.
Must be done in rta store only.
Will need supervisor to override system "savings" so can use more than 3 card payment.
There are two ways to pay and both times supervisor required to show how to do it to agent.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Starting Wednesday November 6:

Get 15% off $30, $50 and $100 App Store and iTunes gift cards.

Limit 10 per transaction.

Also half priced skype $10 and $25 gift cards.

Captain Halliday

Established Member
AFF Supporter
An update on this and a bit of a warning:

Of the ten I bought on Wednesday, eight had the new tab & warning on the back that the checkout operator has to remove to access the bar code. Two were of the old style where the bar code was visible through a cut out portion of the cardboard.

This morning I purchased ten (in two lots of five) and all were the old style with the bar code already exposed. For both transaction the 5000 bonus points appears on the bottom of the docket (though yet to hit my account).

So beware the new style cards and perhaps keep it to five cards per transaction.
A month later and after four emails to the (mis-named) WWR customer care team and I’m still missing 8,000 points. This is despite WWR acknowledging three weeks ago that my purchase was eligible for the bonus points.

I’m starting to think it’s time for a @Dr Ralph letter demanding points compo. :rolleyes:

And just in case this promo drops again, the only1Visas with the “congratulations” branding an the red security warning sticker are the ones to avoid:

B70875A2-85C6-441D-9C59-0D575A6F015E.jpeg

Captain Halliday

Established Member
AFF Supporter
A month later and after four emails to the (mis-named) WWR customer care team and I’m still missing 8,000 points. This is despite WWR acknowledging three weeks ago that my purchase was eligible for the bonus points.

I’m starting to think it’s time for a @Dr Ralph letter demanding points compo. :rolleyes:

And just in case this promo drops again, the only1Visas with the “congratulations” branding an the red security warning sticker are the ones to avoid:

View attachment 195482
I’m pleased to report the missing points have now been credited.

No reason was given for the points not crediting correctly to begin with.

There was also no explanation why, when provided with the evidence requested, it took a further three weeks to resolve.

But I’ll certainly be wary next time around.

Last edited:

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Starting Wednesday November 13:

Get 1000 bonus points when you buy a $50 Event cinema, spa.com.au or The Restaurant Choice gift card.

Get 2000 bonus points when you buy a $100 ticketek, Luxury Escapes or Drummond Gold gift card.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Anyone know what eligible spend at woolworths is for $10 off

Ive got $10 in my account, "$10 will come off your next eligible spend"

Spent $17, bought yoghurt jam, bread, milk.

And $10 wasnt deducted

Mr_Orange

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

And $10 wasnt deducted
They normally ask you if you want to use any saved Woolworths $$. They aren't deducted by default.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Ah OK. I only ever self-checkout for very small shops, that are probably always sub-$10.
Fair enough. Might go throguh manned next time.

However yonks ago , i do remember using my credit to buy gift cards at self serve and being asked on the screen.

Maybe a glitch today:)

SydneySwan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Silver
Self-checkout should ask the question if you want to use your $10. It does at my regulars (Lane Cove and Crows Nest in Sydney). Not all stores run the same version of the software though.

jkbaus

And $10 wasnt deducted
I had same problem at my local Woolies yesterday. I was at manned checkout.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I had same problem at my local Woolies yesterday. I was at manned checkout.
interesting, could be a temporary bug,

I know that you cant use the credit on gift card purchases recently, but as thinking surely my caffeine hit foods and drinks would be fine:)

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
From 14/11/19 to 20/11/19 at Big W:

Get 500 bonus points on a $25 Kayo Sports gift card
Get 1000 bonus points on a $50 Kayo Sports, Spa Finder, City Beach or a $100 VISA Only gift card
Get 2000 bonus points on a $100 Kayo Sports, City Beach or Virgin Australia gift card.

Remember that the VISA Only gift card attracts a $5.95 purchase fee.

Limit of 10 gift card purchases per member.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Commencing Wednesday November 20, buy a $50 version of any of the following gift cards and get 1000 bonus points:

Ultimate Teens
Ultimate Kids
Ultimate for Him
Ultimate for Home
Ultimate for Students
Spafinder
Gourmet Traveller*

Note Gourmet Traveller listed in advertisement, but Gourmet Restaurant pictured.

No stated limit.

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelFennell