Woolworths Ezy Mastercard No Longer Offered To New Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmudcake

Hi all,

I recently noticed that woolworths have removed most of the information regarding their mastercard from the www.ezybanking.com.au website including the rewards scheme.

I phoned their customer support and was assured that my existing ezy mastercard with all the existing rewards and benefits remain unchanged.

However, the mastercard is no longer offered to any new customers.

This is another indication that they may be winding down the whole ezycard scheme.

Cheers,
bigmudcake.

For the cheapest annual fee credit card that accrues (no cap) FF points on a $1 for 1 QFF point basis, my guess is that the next best card after the Woolies card is now the Earth card.

I think this might be explored on other threads.

bigmudcake said:
Hi all,

I recently noticed that woolworths have removed most of the information regarding their mastercard from the www.ezybanking.com.au website including the rewards scheme.

I phoned their customer support and was assured that my existing ezy mastercard with all the existing rewards and benefits remain unchanged.

However, the mastercard is no longer offered to any new customers.

This is another indication that they may be winding down the whole ezycard scheme.

Cheers,
bigmudcake.

Details about earning QF points were there 5 weeks ago, but I have carried out a thorough search of the website and could find no mention of it. I then contacted Ezy Banking by phone and after she was unable to find it she said staff had not received any details about it being removed from the site, and that Mastercard holders still received and could transfer points to QF. However, I remember a thread a couple of months ago mentioning that CBA and Woolworths were considering parting ways, so there could be a number of changes on the way including losing QF as a partner. However, they would have to give cardholders notice if this was to occur, and I have not receive any such notice.

I have just received the following email from Ezy Banking concerning my question to them if QF was ceasing to be a partner of Ezy Banking etc:-

Dear Mr Macc44,

Thank you for your enquiry. Both the Commonwealth Bank and Woolworths have agreed not to continue opening new accounts for the MasterCard product.

For existing customers, our Ezy MasterCard still has a rewards program which allows customers to redeem vouchers for Woolworths stores including Woolworths plus petrol. Ezy Rewards points can also be transferred to Qantas Frequent Flyer points. There are two ways you can earn Ezy Rewards points with an Ezy MasterCard:

At Woolworths Rewards stores - You earn a total of 1.25 Ezy Rewards points for all purchases you make using your Ezy MasterCard at and Woolworths Ezy
Rewards store.

Wherever MasterCard is accepted - You earn I Ezy Reward point for all
purchases (and most bill payments) you make using your Ezy MasterCard
wherever MasterCard is accepted.

mmm ...

I wonder how long it will take for WW/CBA to drop the rewards off the card.

It's a real shame as it is no secret as this is THE best non amex CC in Australia .

Correct me if I'm wrong but if this card goes the way of the dodo , there will be only CBA and Citibank left offering true 1:1 FF ( and both are capped )

1 ) CBA's Platinum : ( high annual fees and a lot of useless perks )

ie complemntary "pay double the price and get 1 airfare free"

<cough>

I mean complemantary airfare deals

OR

Citibank ( silver , gold , plat )

( worst customer service in history and no branches in regional AUS )

Is there any other offerings out there that I dony know of ?

Regards

Bertoman

bertoman said:
mmm ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but if this card goes the way of the dodo , there will be only CBA and Citibank left offering true 1:1 FF ( and both are capped )

From my copy of ****ty Bank Rewards Terms and Conditions 09/05

Citibank may at its absolute discretion choose to limit the maximum number of Reward points that may be awarded to each Account in any period of 12 months beginning from the day Your Account's annual fee (even if waived) is chargeable, but will not limit such Reward points to less than:

(i) Silver Account: 40 000 Reward points;
(ii) Gold Account: 60 000 Reward points;
(iii) Platinum Account: 120 000 Reward points.

Now, I had been earning about 15000 ~ 20000 points per month, since I've had my ****tyBank silver card, and they had never taken any points off me.

Btw, they also increased my credit limit above the $7000 max limit they imposed for silver cards themselves.

As usual, there is no consistancy between what they say and what they do

browski said:
For the cheapest annual fee credit card that accrues (no cap) FF points on a $1 for 1 QFF point basis, my guess is that the next best card after the Woolies card is now the Earth card.

The Earth card only earns half a point per dollar. All of those points become QF points, but it takes twice as much spending to earn them. So it's still only half a QF point per dollar spent.

You receive 2 cards automatically when you sign up with the Earth deal - a MasterCard and an Amex card.

The Amex earns 1:1 no capping
The MasterCard is as reported below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back