Woolworths Credit Card NO longer earning QF points

cosi

Important changes to your Woolworths credit card

Macquarie has been the issuer of Woolworths credit cards, including your card, for the past eight years. After careful consideration we've decided to move Woolworths credit card customers to a Macquarie credit card, as Macquarie will no longer be offering Woolworths credit cards.

Your current Woolworths credit card ending in, along with any additional cardholders' cards that are currently open, will be replaced with a new Macquarie Platinum Visa credit card earning Macquarie Rewards.

Key changes from June 2023
The following changes will occur:

• Your Qantas Points rewards program on your Woolworths credit card account will end, and you’ll begin earning Macquarie Rewards.
  • You’ll be covered by your existing Woolworths credit card travel insurance policy until you activate your new Macquarie credit card. Upon activation, you'll be transferred to the Macquarie Platinum Card insurance policy.
  • Your Woolworths credit card online access will no longer be available and your Woolworths credit card will no longer be available on the Woolworths Money app. You’ll be able to access your account via Macquarie Online Banking and the Macquarie Mobile Banking app.
  • You’ll no longer have access to your Woolworths credit card benefits.

Today
You’ve received this notification of the upcoming changes to your Woolworths credit card account.

From May 2023
You’ll receive a follow-up communication with the specific date your account will be moving to a Macquarie credit card account, at least 30 days prior to the move.

From June to August 2023
Your Woolworths credit card account moves to a Macquarie Platinum credit card account, and we’ll issue you and any active, additional cardholder with a new card.

From August to October 2023
Your Woolworths credit card will stop working. You’ll be able to activate your new Macquarie credit card once received in the mail.

Annual fee reduced $169 to $99.
And now 0% international fee.

But no Qantas points.
I expect a lot to cancel.

I just got an email from Qantas saying the Qantas Woolworths card would no longer earn QFF points. Nearly fell out of my chair. What's the point of the card then? I've had no correspondence from the card issuer of any changes.

I am at a loss as to what to do. I have wanted to dump this card for ages now due to the problems of dealing with Macquarie and their useless incompetent Philippines call centre people, and also because they cut the points earning rate in half some years ago. I certainly don't want another Macquarie card. However as I am on the age pension with a bit of super, credit card applications are fraught with difficulties, even with a good history of on time payment etc. I am tempted to try for the Qantas Premier Platinum card via a transfer. It has a limit of $6000 compared to the $7000 I have with Woolies, but that is not an issue, as I used my Amex Ultimate card for most transactions. I've read in the past of problems people had with these QF cards, but not sure if they have cleaned up their act. Also, card is issued by NAB, another organisation I am reluctant to deal with. Advice welcome!

I am at a loss as to what to do. I have wanted to dump this card for ages now due to the problems of dealing with Macquarie and their useless incompetent Philippines call centre people, and also because they cut the points earning rate in half some years ago. I certainly don't want another Macquarie card. However as I am on the age pension with a bit of super, credit card applications are fraught with difficulties, even with a good history of on time payment etc. I am tempted to try for the Qantas Premier Platinum card via a transfer. It has a limit of $6000 compared to the $7000 I have with Woolies, but that is not an issue, as I used my Amex Ultimate card for most transactions. I've read in the past of problems people had with these QF cards, but not sure if they have cleaned up their act. Also, card is issued by NAB, another organisation I am reluctant to deal with. Advice welcome!
I’m also in this situation being retired with the QF Woolies card. I have a QF Amex and need a Qantas visa or m/c.

Could you please explain what you meant by applying for a QF Premium Platinum card via transfer?

Thanks.

I’m also in this situation being retired with the QF Woolies card. I have a QF Amex and need a Qantas visa or m/c.

Could you please explain what you meant by applying for a QF Premium Platinum card via transfer?

Thanks.
Basically just using the balance transfer facility from an existing card to a new card, and hoping they will give me the new card based on the fact that I already have a card and have been a good customer paying bills on time etc. There are no defaults on my credit report and I have a high "credit score", meaningless though that credit rating rubbish is.

But no Qantas points.
I certainly will. No Qantas points = no credit card.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder just what is the best credit card for earning Qantas points but with a low annual fee?

But no Qantas points.
How much have I been paying for my woolworths qantas card? Heck, I thought I was paying $0.
Thinking now of getting a CommBank Ultimate Awards credit card $0pa fee. $30 Qantas opt-in fee. Your thoughts?

Strange, because the opening threading was an extract from the email I received from Woolworths Money.
Interesting that I haven't received an email from them since 2019. And I haven't changed my email.

A fat envelope arrived yesterday with two new shiny platinum cards with Macquarie Bank all over them. No numbers embossed - nothing on the front at all - numbers on the back. I guess we haven't needed embossed digits for well over ten years but weird to see.
I can't see any reason to keep this card. I need to get another card that earns QFF points now. Being self-employed with wilding varying income I am not sure how I would go applying for one of the many cards on offer. I would think seeing as I own a house outright and have never had any problems paying off loans it would be worth something but I assume it will just be a case of "computer says no" when it sees my salary for the last two years. I can only try I guess. I've never checked my credit rating online.

Interesting that I haven't received an email from them since 2019. And I haven't changed my email.

A fat envelope arrived yesterday with two new shiny platinum cards with Macquarie Bank all over them. No numbers embossed - nothing on the front at all - numbers on the back. I guess we haven't needed embossed digits for well over ten years but weird to see.
Macquarie stopped issuing embossed cards a few years back

I can't see any reason to keep this card. I need to get another card that earns QFF points now. Being self-employed with wilding varying income I am not sure how I would go applying for one of the many cards on offer. I would think seeing as I own a house outright and have never had any problems paying off loans it would be worth something but I assume it will just be a case of "computer says no" when it sees my salary for the last two years. I can only try I guess. I've never checked my credit rating online.
I had a huge battle over many weeks with NAB to get the Qantas Premier Platinum Card, even with a balance transfer from my existing Woolies card. Met the income requirement with age pension, and super, excellent credit rating, impeccable repayment records, and whatever else would show me as a good customer with little to no risk. But as you said, "computer says no". Add to that fighting with morons in the Philippines, and battling every other hurdle they threw up. It took many weeks of my refusing to lie down and die, for them to finally approve my application. You need a lot of stamina and perseverance to deal with these people, and not to let them grind you down.

The only problem I have is that the card only has the minimum limit of $6000, and J airfares to UK etc, well over $7000 on a good day. Not sure how I am going to deal with that. Can't see airlines allowing me to split the costs over my Qantas and Amex credit cards.

The only problem I have is that the card only has the minimum limit of $6000, and J airfares to UK etc, well over $7000 on a good day. Not sure how I am going to deal with that. Can't see airlines allowing me to split the costs over my Qantas and Amex credit cards.
You just need to go into credit on the card before the big transaction.

Owing to my situation mentioned above (self-employed with highly variable income) I still have this card and I can't even see anywhere it says I am earning points at all. Their website says I can redeem up to a huge $20 a month in gift cards for $3000 spend but there is no mention of points anywhere on the online banking site. If you search the site it has no idea what I'm talking about. It clearly isn't worth keeping.

I've moved a lot of my spending to my Velocity Amex but of course it's not good everywhere and the fees tend to get passed on more often. I need to get away from this card but QFF points cards are a bit cough now with sign on bonuses around 50 000 at best. The best cards for points are all Amex but I already have one so it has to be Visa/MC. Now I've got an income statement for the last FY which is a vast improvement on the previous one I can apply for cards again and maybe even get approved for one. It's a far cry from the days when cards were routinely sent in the mail to 18 year olds isn't it?

Until I go back to a salaried job (i.e. never) I probably can't get anything but the most basic of cards.

I, like other retired folk here, hate the Macquarie card but am unable to get another Visa card. I tried to get a Velocity Visa but the dudes in the Philippines said I was unsuitable for more reasons than I care to repeat albeit I always pay my two credit cards in full before the due date and have done so for over 35 years. With Virgin there appears to be no way to get through to someone in Australia to get a credit card. If any retired person has a way to get a points earning Visa or Master card I'd love to hear from them please.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back