Wishing your life away

Mr H

I have been churning for a couple of years, but really started doing it in earnest a few months ago. I have noticed myself getting ever so impatient, waiting for card to be approved, waiting for cards to arrive, waiting for points to post, waiting for the 12 (or 18) months to elapse... I wish it could be February so I can convert Amex points to KF and get elite gold status that will expire as far in the future as possible. It occurs to me that it is a strange way to live, wishing your life away based on the time taken to churn cards. Has anyone else felt this way?

daft009

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Haha... It's a new addiction.. The feeling will subside 😉

I was the same in the beginning, hunting for bills to pay to see my points balance increase lol.

Scr77

Established Member
Yes, I know the feeling….a little excited but also feeling like you're wishing your time away. Especially with every planned trip being cancelled as they get closer…..waiting for the time where you can actually take it.

ZigZagWanderer

Yes, I know the feeling….a little excited but also feeling like you're wishing your time away. Especially with every planned trip being cancelled as they get closer…..waiting for the time where you can actually take it.
Yeah, this is my problem now. Booked for June, but still very apprehensive that something will occur to prevent it. 3 years of imprisonment is getting to me, as I used to take 1 or 2 trips every year.

I've decided to have as much fun and travelling as I can while freedom lasts, now that I know they will happily take it away at any time.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
It occurs to me that it is a strange way to live, wishing your life away based on the time taken to churn cards. Has anyone else felt this way?
Given since I discovered churning I've never flown less than business class, the answer is an emphatic no.

Churning isn't for everyone.