Answered - Why was SQ231 diverted today? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Answered Why was SQ231 diverted today?

Guvner

Flights
My Map
Was out the backyard and an SQ A380 flew over. Thinking it was unusual for this time of day I checked F24 and saw this:

upload_2019-3-29_12-39-24.png

Anybody know why is was diverted to MEL?

edit: just saw the news regarding a fire at SYD control tower.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Thanks for the snarky reply, much appreciated.
Didn't mean it to be snarky, but often you will get an answer much quicker on google (searching news) than waiting for a reply on AFF ... :rolleyes::)
Sometimes you won't of course, which is where this site comes in handy.

I guess you have to search the right terms, but the logical explanations for SQ diversion to MEL after being so close to SYD would be hijacking (very unlikely) or sudden closure of SYD to inbound traffic (you wouldn't think medical or technical emergencies would result in diversion to MEL), so I typed "Sydney Airport closed" and found an answer much quicker than asking on AFF.

Denali

Ive got staff stuck in Melb for the night as flights cancelled and unable to rebook until tomorrow. Got staff stuck in Sydney for same reason

upload_2019-3-29_13-13-33.png

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestmover