Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Why no A in australian ff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austff

With Australia Day approaching it has once again made me think about an important issue ,not only for me ,but probably most people here.
When I joined Aff the main reason I picked my handle was that I was disappointed that the title page or heading at top of page does not have "Australian" starting with a capital A .
As I am very green when it comes to the internet ,I thought I was wrong to think this as I later came to realise that it doesn't matter if you type something in upper case on the keyboard & press search .
But to this day ,every time I see the heading ,without a capital A ,it makes me cringe .
I am asking the powers that be ,please look into this & maybe there is a way to correct a wrong that has been wrong for too long . rant over .

kelvedon

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Australia should of course always be spelt with a capital, but as part of the name both Frequent and Flyer should be too. I guess the aesthetics of graphic design reign supreme.

robd

Established Member
Flights
My Map
With Australia Day approaching it has once again made me think about an important issue ,not only for me ,but probably most people here.
When I joined Aff the main reason I picked my handle was that I was disappointed that the title page or heading at top of page does not have "Australian" starting with a capital A .
As I am very green when it comes to the internet ,I thought I was wrong to think this as I later came to realise that it doesn't matter if you type something in upper case on the keyboard & press search .
But to this day ,every time I see the heading ,without a capital A ,it makes me cringe .
I am asking the powers that be ,please look into this & maybe there is a way to correct a wrong that has been wrong for too long . rant over .
Hi Austff,

I appreciate your rant. We have a whole thread here about grammar.

By no means is my written english perfect (should english be with a capital E?). My boss doesn't know where to put full stops, instead electing to use ellipsis…. It really annoys me.

Why do you have a space before your commas? It is incorrect.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

robd

Established Member
Flights
My Map
An ellipsis has three dots, not four ;-)
Yes you are right. But you must continue to use correct punctuation, which means using a full stop at the end of a sentence. So 3 dots for ellipses and 1 dot as a full stop.

Refer post #3 also.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Never really noticed it to be honest.

Reminds me of the drama that seemed to erupt when Virgin Blue became Virgin Australia and the flag on the front (of the plane) lost its colours... :p

Spongbob

Established Member
And the point of this thread is... ?

Jay Cee

Never really noticed it to be honest.

Reminds me of the drama that seemed to erupt when Virgin Blue became Virgin Australia and the flag on the front (of the plane) lost its colours... :p
And the small star in the Southern Cross has 7 points, which is incorrect. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshineecocleaners