Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Who's going to be up in Hong Kong over NYE

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanovawa

Established Member
Anyone going to be up in Hong Kong over NYE??

Just got bored here in Perth and booked flights up and back for this week, sure I will be able to find things to do with my time, but if anyone is up for a catch up let us know... :)

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
Anyone going to be up in Hong Kong over NYE??

Just got bored here in Perth and booked flights up and back for this week, sure I will be able to find things to do with my time, but if anyone is up for a catch up let us know... :)

more importantly, where are you staying? I was looking at hotels for the night of 1 Jan and Chunking Mansions were coming in at almost AUD200 :(

I've had to cancel HKG and go straight to China.

casanovawa

Established Member
Just staying at a hostel, about $170 for 3 nights... Will see how it goes... :)

yohy?!

Established Member
Just staying at a hostel, about $170 for 3 nights... Will see how it goes... :)

Which hostel out of interest? :)

My first visit to HK saw me at the a Dragon hostel in Mk..was rather memorable in my windowless, single room! I also had a man and a prostitute walk in after the front desk gave them the wrong room keys! Ah memories...Langham Place for me these days.

Sprucegoose

Some good deals over the boarder. Got a visa organised?

GuangZhou for instance

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
AUD100 on the island or Kowloon side?

Island.

Just as an example - JJ Hotel Wan Chai: JJ HOTEL

Large rooms, clean, well equipped with fridge, wi-fi, safe, lots of room for bags and a wardrobe. 5 minutes by taxi from Central station (when connecting on the airport express). Good reviews on tripadvisor. Only comes in a 3.5 star because no room service or amenities such as a pool. Available through booking.com for under AUD100 a night - but it sells out quickly.

But there are several other hotels in the same category / location for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawter2020