Who gets the points on a subsidiary ANZ Qantas Visa Gold Crd

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielh

My wife of 5 months has indicated strongly that she would like a credit card. She doesn't have a FF account and has almost no capability of earning a worthwhile number of points.

I'm thinking of paying the extra $10 to give her the extra card (although I'll drop the limit from the $18k to something like $500 if i can :) ). On the ANZ website it states that there is a $55 annual fee for the FF programme.

I suspect that this indicates that all points generated on that subsidiary card is then put to the other person but I was hoping someone knows if it is possible to put it to my account instead.

Regards
Daniel

Well I can now answer my own question after speaking to them for the last 30 mins.

As an additional card holder, whatever my wife spends and earns in points will go to me.

What I am annoyed is that I will still have to pay for the $55 Reward program fee despite the fact she is not a QFF member.

I would have been very happy with just the $10 additional card fee.

Also, I cannot drop the limit on HER card without having to drop mine.

My lowest limit for a gold card is $5,000 and anything below that means I'll have to get the 'standard' one which is looking pretty attractive at the moment.

I think I'll wait for a bit and see if my wife still wants a CC. If I can put her off I'll be happy, otherwise I'll have to do some drastic account changes. :)

Regards
Daniel

PS: I was also 'asked' to create a joint account this week so I'm getting pretty annoyed with banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back