Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Which Star Alliance partners between SYD and New Zealand ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Other than NZ, which other *A partners fly from Sydney to NZ? And do any of them offer First?

juddles

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I think that to go on anything other than NZ, you would have to go ¨the long way round¨ (via BKK or SIN)

Not sure if you use this tool, but it is great to see available carriers for Star Alliance: Star Alliance Map

Same tool exists for One World.

Foreigner

Established Member
I'm weighed down by huge no. of points with SQ, VA, QF among others. Would like to redeem flights in J or F over short trips.

Shan Man

'Allo 'Allo!
Im not an expert on *A redemptions or the burn rates, however can you use your SQ Miles to redeem flights with Air NZ via SQ's booking system? See if you can get on a 777 flight for proper business class.

Otherwise, your long lost cousin hear would happily help you lower your point balance :D

cambriamarsh

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Red
SG also does the occasional (weekly?) AKL to SYD on Sat I think

Foreigner

Established Member
Im not an expert on *A redemptions or the burn rates, however can you use your SQ Miles to redeem flights with Air NZ via SQ's booking system? See if you can get on a 777 flight for proper business class.

Otherwise, your long lost cousin hear would happily help you lower your point balance :D
Don't you worry about that...I'll be considering bequeathing points and miles.

On serious note...I thought TG or CA may be extending their flights to AKL from SYD.

Foreigner

Established Member
SW Pacific-SW Pacific flights in J cost 35k miles. Not sure if AFF members have scored fights to PPT.

juddles

Suspended
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
...I thought TG or CA may be extending their flights to AKL from SYD.
If they are I wish them luck. NZ is a good product already, and with the (to me) massive influx of Emirates, I don´t see too much market left over.

A couple of weeks ago I went through AKL, and the sight of 3 Emirates A380 sort of overshadowed everyone else there. And with flights to SYD, MEL, BNE, etc, all over the computer displays, in their name, they truly show what market presence they have made.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Shan Man

On serious note...I thought TG or CA may be extending their flights to AKL from SYD.
Well don't forget lil old me if the bequeathing happens.

I don't think there is anything across the ditch besides NZ. No Tag flights on anything except EK, LAN and CI (ex BNE)

zainman

Established Member

For QF points you can use them on the EK A380 flights from MEL/SYD/BNE to AKL in J/F

Shan Man

CI, do SYD-AKL now? This may be the source of confusion ..... China Airlines (Skyteam, Taiwan) not Air China (Star Alliance, PRC)
CI53, BNE-AKL on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays! :D It is part of skyscream yes, however was listing the tag flights I know of across the water and none of them were *A.

EDIT: CI51 does exist! Thanks for adding to my list! still doesn't help the OP though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshineecocleaners