Which program 'status' best helps seating?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by tuapekastar, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Travelling MEL-PER-MEL in J on a 743 each way at the end of this month on QF metal and QF flight numbers. Just wondering whether my QP NB 'status' (I realise it's only marginally above no status, and way behind lots of others with WP SG etc., but it does at least allow me to nominate a seating preference) rates ahead of AA Plat (OW Sapphire) status when it comes to automatic seating allocation.

My QF FF number is in the booking at the moment, but I wish to change that to my AA number at some stage prior to the flights (is there a best place to do this). Obviously I can also OLCI and see what's available at the time.

Any ideas, particularly re which FF program to have in the booking when automatic seat allocation is done?

TIA

2. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

You need to be a QP or a PS for seating preference.

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Your AA status will act ahead of no status or Silver status. You can specify a preference as a OW Sapphire member

Dave

4. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Thanks for that!:)

5. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Ring Qantas and ask them to manually enter a seat request for that particular flight/s.

Seat requests can't be for a particular seat, but "forward aisle", etc is ok

6. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    They can actually. :)
    As QF Gold I rang up Qantas a few weeks ago and asked for a different seat to what I'd been allocated. The person on the phone listed all available seats in my preferred area (forward aisle) and I managed to pick a specific seat that was closer. :)

Cheers,
    - Febs.

7. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    The OP was referring to a domestic booking - which can't have specific seats allocated.
    International can, which I suspect it was in your case

8. Febs

Febs Established Member

Aug 15, 2006
    HKG
    Oops, my mistake. :oops:
    Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
    - Febs.