Which Credit Bureau Will My Inquiry Go To for a New Credit Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainman

Established Member
Do we know which banks use Veda and which use Dun and Bradstreet? I am unsure if they use both. I recently ordered a free copy of my report through D&B and it shows inquiries from Commonwealth and HSBC but no others.. and I know I have applied for other cards so they must have looked at my Veda file...

Perhaps if we can determine where the inquiry goes to, we can alternate our applications to increase chances of approval.

Again, unsure how this has changed with the recent changes in Privacy laws but worth discussing.

This is what lead me to start the thread in the first place: Which Credit Bureau Will My Inquiry Go To for a New Credit Card? | Frugal Travel Guy

Remember, there are mow 3 national reporting companies, as well as a seperate provider that deals with Tas.

Most (3 I mentioned above) are listed in a separate thread that deals with the new changes that have started to the credit reporting code.

I recently got a new ANZ FF card, I was just curious to see what information D&B and veda are holding since the law changes.
So I have applied for a free credit file from each (takes about 10 days for the free one).

The D&B one came on Friday and looks exactly the same as one I previously requested 2 years ago, ie. no information on payment history. So looks like D&B don't use payment history yet.
Still waiting on the Veda report.

D&B are pretty useless. The others mentioned so far are pretty good.

Veda is pretty much the main player for personal credit history and D&B for business.

I did notice on my d&b file only 1 enquiry and that was for my ANZ card. So seems like Veda is used more for everything, d&b rarely used by organisations for consumers.

I checked my Experian record .. what a painful manual (by email) process.

They only have two of my credit providers recorded - one of them multiple times for every card I've ever had with them, but all showing as current. Fantastic :confused:

Veda seem to be the only "comprehensive" one. They have all my credit providers listed anyway.

I recently got a new ANZ FF card, I was just curious to see what information D&B and veda are holding since the law changes.
So I have applied for a free credit file from each (takes about 10 days for the free one).

The D&B one came on Friday and looks exactly the same as one I previously requested 2 years ago, ie. no information on payment history. So looks like D&B don't use payment history yet.
Still waiting on the Veda report.
How about a bet you dont see any payment history on your Veda report either!

Perhaps if we can determine where the inquiry goes to, we can alternate our applications to increase chances of approval.

Funny how we are all different.

I have been conditionally approved for another credit card. It is in the mail.

I have lost track of how many cards i have got. I was hoping these changes would help.

With the new changes are they supposed to list credit limits, balance transfers and payment history?

Funny how we are all different.

I have been conditionally approved for another credit card. It is in the mail.

I have lost track of how many cards i have got. I was hoping these changes would help.

With the new changes are they supposed to list credit limits, balance transfers and payment history?
Limits and repayment history but unlikely to be for a few months yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back