which club?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by munitalP, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. munitalP

munitalP Suspended

Oct 10, 2006
    4A
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have a number of Lufthansa flights to take in the next 12 months, enough to consider a SA membership into a lounge. A simple question that no doubt will attract good argument, here it is:

I am OW Emerald, I will be till at least end 2008 as of next month, I have to bite the bullet and fly with the enemy - SA

What airline lounge would be the best to join (cheap is good as well!) to get the benefit of the business class lounges in Frankfurt, Arlanda and the ocasional US destination when I can't fly AA?

thanks in anticipation

Mr!

:cool:

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    By SA do you mean South African Airlines (whose IATA flight code is SA)? Or do you really mean SQ - Singapore Airlines (also known by ICAO code SIA).

3. wiz

wiz Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Perth
    My bet is that he actually meant Star Alliance.

I'll take a brownie point for getting that one right please. ;)

4. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Ah yes, you could be right. SA, SA or SA?

I think I am safe to assume it is not meant to be Sleuths Anonymous :confused: .

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #5 Mal, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  6. Optics

Optics Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Melbourne
    I have used the Diners Club lounges in Berlin and one other I can't remember, and while they are better than the open terminal, they are not that great.

If the OP is mainly going to fly with LH, then I would imagine that would be the best club to join. Within the Schengen region of the FRA airport, the LH lounges are the best option.

7. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    What class are you flying in? If business (or first) class then have lounge access everywhere except US domestic flights, under *A lounge access rules.

How much travel on *A and what type of fares? If a reasonable amount then may not be worthwhile paying for lounge access when you get it with status that is quickly earned anyway (*G everywhere plus some *S give access to some lounges). Eg Frequent Traveller status on LH gives access to LH business/FTL lounges and requires 35k miles (intra-europe earning can be meagre or very very generous depending on fare class).