WHich card to choose - Citiselect of Amex Qantas Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

redandawa

Rate this Entry
0 Comments
by redandawa on Yesterday at 10:38 PM (7 Views)

Hi. I will have an annual spend of about $350 000 and I am unsure which card to get. I know the Qff redemtion rate is less with Citiselect but there are 60 000 bonus points + 0.64% charge when paying my tax bill v 1.2% for Amex. I also figure I will accumulate more points with the visa v the amex.

Also I would also like the flexibility of being able to direct points to Velocity.

Citiselect website and phone service are awful and this is putting me off but this is still the way I am thinking of heading.

Does anyone see flaws in my thinking?
Also how good is the velocity program? Whilst I frequently fly Qf I am frustrated with redeeming points, esp on long haul J
Thanks

Citiselect website and phone service are awful and this is putting me off but this is still the way I am thinking of heading.

Does anyone see flaws in my thinking?

Thanks

Me too. It is time for me to move my Visa spend from Westpac KF to Citi. Apart form the horrific stories of Citi lack of responsiveness I am also concerned that after paying the $700 annual fee that they will then change the Visa earn rate.

At the moment my sums are as follows:

Visa spend $350k per annum = 175K extra KF miles or Velocity pts or 175,000 QFF pts if you go with the Citiselect card.

The deciding thing for me is the higher earn rate on the Citiselect Visa which I can't earn on any other Visa card.

Alby

With QFF you get 1 point/$, uncapped. The problem is, I think, that you have to elect Qantas as the reward stream you want. THey told me if you switch back to Citibank rewards(ie all the other airlines) you forfeit the Qantas ones.

For me the issue is that the tax dept with charge 1.2% on the transactions - which is huge, although tax deductible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back