which card next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleaf

Intern
Hoping to get some input regarding which card to apply for next.

My goal is to earn points via bonuses, think I can managed a new card approx every 2 months. I don't spend much on credit so the earn after the bonus doesn't really matter much. All my applications so far have netted approx QF 100k points after min spend. At some point, I might struggle to make the min spends but hasn't been an issue so far this year. I'm a bit shy about super high annual fees. So far, all my points have been QF but only because those are the cards that have caught my eye.

I currently hold an Amex Discover since 09/2016 and QF Premium Platinum (Citi) since 03/2021.
I just closed an ANZ FF Black and opened/closed a NAB QF Rewards Signature.
I very foolishly just applied for the Citi Velocity Rewards tonight. Foolishly because I only realised after submitting that I already have a Citi issued card. Grrrr, a waste of a credit hit.

Any suggestions? Should I wait a bit because of that dumb, dumb 2nd Citi application?

One more point - I have an ABN number but I don't really earn any money via that channel so don't know if I can apply for any sort of business card.

Thanks for any help and info.

We still like the St George Amplify non Qantas card provided you apply with a bonus provider.

I'm in a similar position with aleaf, but I need a credit card that allows me to convert points to an airline of my choosing (preferably SQ or CX).

I also need the credit card to give me a bonus after sign up, the min spend etc.

This would normally mean Amex, but I already have an Amex card.

I like the St George Amplify Signature product which is currently giving 200K Amplify points.

ANZ is out for me (long story !)

From memory, Westpac Altitude and NAB Rewards have inferior redemption rates.

Anybody have any comments / recommendations ?

The Dragon Signature is a good option.

Also, do you have a DJ's Amex? Having a standard Amex does not normally preclude you from getting the sign-on bonus as the DJ's card is on a separate platform.

Hoping to get some input regarding which card to apply for next.

My goal is to earn points via bonuses, think I can managed a new card approx every 2 months. I don't spend much on credit so the earn after the bonus doesn't really matter much. All my applications so far have netted approx QF 100k points after min spend. At some point, I might struggle to make the min spends but hasn't been an issue so far this year. I'm a bit shy about super high annual fees. So far, all my points have been QF but only because those are the cards that have caught my eye.

I currently hold an Amex Discover since 09/2016 and QF Premium Platinum (Citi) since 03/2021.
I just closed an ANZ FF Black and opened/closed a NAB QF Rewards Signature.
I very foolishly just applied for the Citi Velocity Rewards tonight. Foolishly because I only realised after submitting that I already have a Citi issued card. Grrrr, a waste of a credit hit.

Any suggestions? Should I wait a bit because of that dumb, dumb 2nd Citi application?

One more point - I have an ABN number but I don't really earn any money via that channel so don't know if I can apply for any sort of business card.

Thanks for any help and info.
I have received bonuses for differently branded Citi cards

@andye , that's really good (but confusing) to hear. I thought Amex was the only one you could have multiple cards if branded differently. Clearly I need to investigate this further. I'll push on with my Citi application and hope it doesn't get kicked back.

If my Citi goes through successfully - fingers crossed - then I'll look at other Amex cards and also the St George offers. Thanks for the replies.

One other question - for a general question like this, not specific to any one card, Is this the best place to post it or is there a better channel?

@andye , that's really good (but confusing) to hear. I thought Amex was the only one you could have multiple cards if branded differently. Clearly I need to investigate this further. I'll push on with my Citi application and hope it doesn't get kicked back.

If my Citi goes through successfully - fingers crossed - then I'll look at other Amex cards and also the St George offers. Thanks for the replies.

One other question - for a general question like this, not specific to any one card, Is this the best place to post it or is there a better channel?
Citi is the only bank I've run into with this policy. Have had bonus offers/balance transfers etc with Coles, Virgin Money, Kogan combinations. I do check beforehand via online chat and screenshot though.
For a next card choice where it's individual, starting your own thread is as good as any...and you won't find better advice anywhere else on the net (not guaranteed 100% correct but usually knowledgeable and not swayed by commercial interests)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back