Which airlines serve JW Blue label?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ737

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
407
Points
5
Hi there

Is there a definitve list somewhere?

I have done a quick search here and on FT but can't find a listing.

Cheers
DJ737
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
BA did in F last time i flew them (Sept last year). Not sure about now.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,441
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
BA and CX in F. And BA in their LHR and LGW FLounges.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
LH in F as well as their FCL and FCT. NM you really need to arrange a trip on LH F through FRA with a long transit.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,441
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Kiwi Flyer said:
LH in F as well as their FCL and FCT. NM you really need to arrange a trip on LH F through FRA with a long transit.
Well I was planning to go through FRA at the end of May, but would not have access to the LH lounges unless you are going to be there and take me in a guest. I have changed FRA for LHR, can its only a hop over a puddle to include FRA.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
NM said:
Well I was planning to go through FRA at the end of May, but would not have access to the LH lounges unless you are going to be there and take me in a guest. I have changed FRA for LHR, can its only a hop over a puddle to include FRA.

I was there in April (very briefly) and will be back again in September but not May (that is LHR instead). To access the FCT either need to be HON or flying LH or LX in F, or guest of one of these (but must be on the same LH or LX flight out of FRA).

Here is the FCT menu to whet your appetite.
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
802
Points
270
DJ737 said:
Hi there

Is there a definitve list somewhere?

I have done a quick search here and on FT but can't find a listing.

Cheers
DJ737

BAH ... Blue label rubbish ... it's a blend :mrgreen:
 

DJ737

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
407
Points
5
Hi there

Thanks for the replies, i would have thought more airlines (esp SE Asian) would have carried it.

Cheers
DJ737
 

NYCguy

Established Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
1,130
Points
10
bigjobs said:
BAH ... Blue label rubbish ... it's a blend :mrgreen:

Oh, thank heavens, another single-malt purist!

We are a dying breed...
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,441
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
NYCguy said:
Oh, thank heavens, another single-malt purist!

We are a dying breed...
I don't mind the blends, so long as they are good ones. I enjoy the variation that comes with different whiskeys. I would rather a good blend over a poor singe malt any day. So Qantas has 12yo Glenlivet and CX has JW Blue. Now that is not a difficult choice for me :mrgreen: .
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,456
Points
720
Slightly OT, but scotch-related, so a good place to ask this question.

I've never been a scotch fan (though I could drink Glayva and Bailey's day-in, day-out - I think they're scotch-based?), but for a reason that now escapes me, I bought a bottle of DF 12yo Macallan at LHR about 7 years ago. I tried it once or twice, and it's been sitting in a cupboard (cork securely in neck) ever since. Does it age? Does it go 'past it' like wine does, particularly after opening? Would it be ok (for someone who likes scotch) to drink now?

Cheers (Hic!)
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
tuapekastar said:
Slightly OT, but scotch-related, so a good place to ask this question.

I've never been a scotch fan (though I could drink Glayva and Bailey's day-in, day-out - I think they're scotch-based?), but for a reason that now escapes me, I bought a bottle of DF 12yo Macallan at LHR about 7 years ago. I tried it once or twice, and it's been sitting in a cupboard (cork securely in neck) ever since. Does it age? Does it go 'past it' like wine does, particularly after opening? Would it be ok (for someone who likes scotch) to drink now?

Cheers (Hic!)
I'll come and collect it if you like ;)

Before discovering single malts (actually before I could afford them), I found a bottle (2/3 full) of Chivas Regal when I was packing up to move house that had sat there for some time - maybe about 3 years. Still tasted OK to me then.

Wouldn't classify myself as a scotch purist though.
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,456
Points
720
Thanks Shano. Looks like I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to see if my tastes have changed over the years! ;)
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
802
Points
270
tuapekastar said:
Slightly OT, but scotch-related, so a good place to ask this question.

I've never been a scotch fan (though I could drink Glayva and Bailey's day-in, day-out - I think they're scotch-based?), but for a reason that now escapes me, I bought a bottle of DF 12yo Macallan at LHR about 7 years ago. I tried it once or twice, and it's been sitting in a cupboard (cork securely in neck) ever since. Does it age? Does it go 'past it' like wine does, particularly after opening? Would it be ok (for someone who likes scotch) to drink now?

Cheers (Hic!)

pm me your address and i can come around and we can figure it out together :mrgreen:
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
802
Points
270
NM said:
I don't mind the blends, so long as they are good ones. I enjoy the variation that comes with different whiskeys. I would rather a good blend over a poor singe malt any day. So Qantas has 12yo Glenlivet and CX has JW Blue. Now that is not a difficult choice for me :mrgreen: .

i agree ... any 12yo scotch is only good for a mixer ;)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,441
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
If sealed it will keep for many years after being opened. However, once bottled, whisky does not continue to "age". So buying a bottle of 12yo whisky and keeping it on the shelf for a further 8 years does make it the aged equivalent of 20yo. But it will be just as good as it was when it was purchased.

Its taken my almost 4 years to get through my bottle of JW Blue.
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,456
Points
720
Thank you all for the words of wisdom. Clearly, more practical research inolving testing samples is required on my part. :mrgreen:
 

Shano

Established Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,244
Points
10
tuapekastar said:
Thank you all for the words of wisdom. Clearly, more practical research inolving testing samples is required on my part. :mrgreen:
By the time you get to the bottom of the bottle I am sure you will have enjoyed it :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,362
Messages
2,139,970
Members
54,416
Latest member
Darthjet
Top