Where will the aussie dollar go far?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by keithplya9, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. keithplya9

keithplya9 Junior Member

May 3, 2014
    Melbourne
    hey guys so I'm from America. and am living here in Australia for a while and I'm planning on taking a trip around the area (to somewhere that Virgin Australia flies to) So my choices are Bali, Fiji, or the Solomon Islands.

my question is where out of these destinations will the Australian go further?

2. marki

marki Established Member

Feb 11, 2010
    On this World- Mostly
    Facebook:
    Depends how you use ur dollar! If you spend it at international Hotels ( AUD)it won't last as long as local currency transactions on slightly less posh premises.

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

3. Sprucegoose

Sprucegoose Senior Member

Aug 20, 2003
    SE Aust
    Probably Bali if you spend wisely

4. Bushflyer

Bushflyer Intern

Nov 13, 2012
    +1 for Bali

5. harvyk

harvyk Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    CBR
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Bali would be my guess as well. But as Marki mentioned, it all comes down to how you spend it. Spend it in western style places and your wallet will empty out faster than you can blink, spend it where the locals spend their money and it'll go a very long way.

6. Denali

Denali Established Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sydney suburbs
    Having been to the Solomons, I wouldnt think of going cheap in accomodation or safety there.

7. keithplya9

keithplya9 Junior Member

May 3, 2014
    Melbourne
    oh seriously???? is it kind of a crap hole? I thought they were supposed to be super tropical and stuff! Ok well I guess my two would be between Fiji and Bali. From what I've been reading Fiji is a bit more expensive than Bali but its a lot cleaner and safer

8. Greg Gadd

Greg Gadd Junior Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wauchope, Mid North Coast, NSW, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    You cannot go wrong with Fiji. Been travelling there twice a year for numerous years now. I belong to the Tanoa Loyalty Card Group and the 11th stay is free. I start off with Nadi, Lautoka, Raki Raki, Suva and thence back to Nadi. 10 nights spent there and the 11th night, I take for free on my return trip. Great value and friendly people.